Automatic Door Locks - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-31-2009, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Recruit

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Automatic Door Locks

Does anyone know if on the 2010 Outback, you can have the doors lock automatically when you place the vehicle in Drive or once the vehicle speed reaches XX mph?
crjonesfl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Legionairre

Car: 2010 Premium Outback

I don't know, but I'd like to if it's possible. I know that's not a standard setting on my 2010.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 2010 Outback 2.5i Limited CVT

I asked Subaru and they said that feature is not available on the '10 Outback. I'm sure they could easily implement it in software, but for some reason they haven't. Maybe if enough people call them to ask for it....and, while you're at it, ask for an option to engage the electronic parking brake automatically when shifting into Park. I can't imagine a situation in which I wouldn't want that. Both are important safety features, IMO.
nagarjuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Legionairre

Car: 2010 Outback 2.5 PZEV CVT

Glad I ran into this thread -- saves me from reading the manual to see if I can turn the auto door lock feature on.

It's kind of odd that a new model doesn't have that simple safety feature.
labenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Car: 2010 Outback 2.5i Ltd. See My Sig
Default Re: Automatic Door Locks

Quote:
Originally posted by crjonesfl
Does anyone know if on the 2010 Outback, you can have the doors lock automatically when you place the vehicle in Drive or once the vehicle speed reaches XX mph?
Oh, how I wish the 2010 Outback had this feature. My wifes "inexpensive" 2009 Toyota Corolla LE has it. Why doesn't an "expensive" car like the Outback have this great safety feature? I would also like to see HID headlights as standard equipment and LED tail lights on all levels of the Outback and every vehicle as well. They are brighter and last a very long time. And besides...they're cool!
bikergeek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Car: 2010 Outback 3.6R Limited w/Nav
Default Re: Re: Automatic Door Locks

Quote:
Originally posted by bikergeek

Oh, how I wish the 2010 Outback had this feature. My wifes "inexpensive" 2009 Toyota Corolla LE has it. Why doesn't an "expensive" car like the Outback have this great safety feature? I would also like to see HID headlights as standard equipment and LED tail lights on all levels of the Outback and every vehicle as well. They are brighter and last a very long time. And besides...they're cool!
I don't know about HID's lasting, my Lexus has two HID replacements within the past 3 years.

The part alone is $400.00, fortunately its still under warranty.
darrelld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Legionairre

Car: Outback Premium 2010
Default Locks

On my test drive, I did notice the doors did not lock and mentioned this. The Salesman, told me it was a no starter for more than one customer he had.

I like autolocking, but not a big enough issue to steer me away from any car I otherwise like. What is also strange is the doors do not open with a pull of the handle, when the lock is on. This goes back to the 1960's at least... that car doors open from the inside if locked.
schipperke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car: 2010 Outback 2.5i Premium CVT

I've never owned a car that auto locked the doors when putting it in Drive and Unlocking when putting it in Park.

Guess I can't miss what I never had, eh?

Oh and I never had power door locks or power windows either. I had to manually unlock and lock, roll down and roll up the windows........now I feel like I'm driving a luxury car with all of my Outback's auto features.
Outback Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car: 2014 limited 3.6

If Soa implements auto door locks hopefully it will be a programmed option, and can be turned off. Our last two Buicks have it and it is a PITA as far as I am concerned, and the reason why I drive the Subaru 3 times as much as the Buick. Glad my 2010 doesn't have them.
chip-3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2009, 07:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Car: 2010 2.5i Limited Outback, 2004 Honda CR-V EX RT4WD
Send a message via AIM to vanstelp Send a message via Yahoo to vanstelp

I too agree that it SHOULD have the option to have the doors lock automatically. Not that it is really that big of a deal to me, but it makes my wife feel much safer when driving. Her previous car, a BASE 2003 Focus SE, had this feature. It also automatically opened the locked doors when you used the inside handle. Seems that they did take a step back by not providing these features. Does anyone know if the optional factory alarm provides this feature? Or if there is a way to add this feature without voiding the warranty?
vanstelp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: