What did you do with your 4th Gen Outback today? - Page 99 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.10 average.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #981 (permalink)

Car: '13 Outback 3.6R Limited
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Installed the retro-fit kit (foldable mirror's) and changed the oil and oil filter on my wife's Outback this past weekend. Also, I'll be sending out a used oil sample to Blackstone for analysis.
catric69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #982 (permalink)

Car: 2012 OB 2.5i Premium AWP Moonroof
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

took her for the first time to the beach for some surfing and paddling. makes a great surf car!

sbpark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #983 (permalink)

Car: 2012,OB 3.6R Limited/Moonroof Pkg.

got the front window tinted 50%, and replaced all interior light and puddle light with LED...Look sharp and bright.
1996 Honda CIvic EX
1994 Toyota Pick up ExCab
1991 Nissan KingCab SOLD
Road Bike for my Fitness time
"LIFE IS SHORT SO ENJOY IT"
USN (Ret)
EXMLowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #984 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited, K&N Air Filter, Crystal Black Silica exterior, Notto SE HID Kit, 2 10" Alpine Subs w/Amp, interior LED's, Visor & Windows Tinted, LED Fog/Reverse/Projector Front Position Lights, Lamin-X tail light covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXMLowner View Post
got the front window tinted 50%, and replaced all interior light and paddle light with LED...Look sharp and bright.
Puddle light?
Boogie3478 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #985 (permalink)

Car: 2012,OB 3.6R Limited/Moonroof Pkg.

sorry sir, wrong spelling corrected.
1996 Honda CIvic EX
1994 Toyota Pick up ExCab
1991 Nissan KingCab SOLD
Road Bike for my Fitness time
"LIFE IS SHORT SO ENJOY IT"
USN (Ret)
EXMLowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #986 (permalink)

Car: 2012 Outback 3.6R

today I purchased new tires for my volk wheels.. Cant wait to mount them..
denn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #987 (permalink)

Car: 2012 Outback Limited CVT / PZEV

Got a speeding ticket... in the 2 week old car. I got pulled over on the way home from the dealership too, for 5 mi over the limit. That was just as I was taking my foot off the gas to set the cruise. Just got a warning for that one after I explained that I had just picked the car up.

30mph limit + downhill slope + no cues from the CVT transmission = 41 mph without even trying.

I had just looked at the speedometer (between 30 and 35) and taken my foot off the gas when I came under the overpass and saw the cop just ahead.

I'm thinking either his equipment was off or my speedometer is off... no way should this car have gone from where I saw the speedometer to where he clocked it just coasting, the downhill slope I was on isn't THAT steep.

I was a habitual speeder in my truck (5-10 mi over)and never got pulled over, get a nice shiny new car and suddenly I'm a magnet. UGH!
amkari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #988 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited, K&N Air Filter, Crystal Black Silica exterior, Notto SE HID Kit, 2 10" Alpine Subs w/Amp, interior LED's, Visor & Windows Tinted, LED Fog/Reverse/Projector Front Position Lights, Lamin-X tail light covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by amkari View Post
Got a speeding ticket... in the 2 week old car. I got pulled over on the way home from the dealership too, for 5 mi over the limit. That was just as I was taking my foot off the gas to set the cruise. Just got a warning for that one after I explained that I had just picked the car up.

30mph limit + downhill slope + no cues from the CVT transmission = 41 mph without even trying.

I had just looked at the speedometer (between 30 and 35) and taken my foot off the gas when I came under the overpass and saw the cop just ahead.

I'm thinking either his equipment was off or my speedometer is off... no way should this car have gone from where I saw the speedometer to where he clocked it just coasting, the downhill slope I was on isn't THAT steep.

I was a habitual speeder in my truck (5-10 mi over)and never got pulled over, get a nice shiny new car and suddenly I'm a magnet. UGH!

A ticket for 5 over in an OUTBACK? I bet the cop just found out that his wife is cheating on him with an Outback driver.
Boogie3478 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #989 (permalink)

Car: 2012 Outback Limited CVT / PZEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie3478 View Post
A ticket for 5 over in an OUTBACK? I bet the cop just found out that his wife is cheating on him with an Outback driver.
Possibly... OR he's a rookie.

The 5 mi over got a warning (from a middle aged highway patrol officer), the 41 in a 30 got the ticket (from the 20something babyfaced kid city police officer).

Seriously... a middle aged single mom with 3 preschoolers (not all mine thankfully lol) buckled in the back seat is not going to be intentionally speeding in a brand new car.
amkari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #990 (permalink)

Car: 2012 OB 2.5i Premium AWP Moonroof

Got my HeatShield sunshade that i bought off of Amazon after reading recommendations from fellow members. Its a must if you live in Southern California, especially for days when I want to keep my surfboard inside the car. The stock tint coupled with the sunshade and cracked windows makes the car much cooler inside. Fits like a glove, seems to be of good quality.

Also installed an LED replacement lighting kit for the front and rear dome lights, map lights and front door puddle lights. Not sure how much brighter they will be (I installed them in the middle of the day), but I will say the stock bulbs apparently got super hot. I noticed when removing the rear stock dome bulb actually partially burned it's housing. Even if they end up not being that much brighter, i still like the blue/white color better than the stock yellow color of the light.
sbpark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: