Bluetooth Pairing - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-19-2009, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car: 2010 - 2.5i Outback Limited
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Bluetooth Pairing

I successfully paired my Pentech Matrix C820 phone with our 2010 Outback 2.5 but the system cannot find our second LG CF360 phone. Any suggestions?
wshb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 2010 Outback 2.5 Limited
Default The 2nd phone needs to be separately paired.

I paired my wife's phone following the same procedure as I did for my phone. After that you just need to select which of the 2 registered phones you want to use as a current phone. I hope I'm not confusing you.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 2014 Forester 2.5i Touring with EyeSight; Venetian Red
Default Re: Bluetooth Pairing

Quote:
Originally posted by wshb
I successfully paired my Pentech Matrix C820 phone with our 2010 Outback 2.5 but the system cannot find our second LG CF360 phone. Any suggestions?
Starting with the simplest things first...
1) Does the LG phone have Bluetooth?
2) Is the Bluetooth radio powered on in the phone's options?
3) Are you setting it to search for the Outback Bluetooth?
4) If you did pair it but now can't connect to it, romicva's comments above apply -- only one phone can be connected at any time.You need to select which paired phone is currently connected if both of you are in the car.

Elliot
eps105 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2009, 11:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 2010 - 2.5i Outback Limited

Thanks Elliot, here are the answers:

1) Does the LG phone have Bluetooth? Yes
2) Is the Bluetooth radio powered on in the phone's options? Yes
3) Are you setting it to search for the Outback Bluetooth? I tried it both ways - Outback to phone and phone to Outback.
4) If you did pair it but now can't connect to it, romicva's comments above apply. It did not pair either way.
wshb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2009, 07:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car: 2010 Outback 2.5 Limited
Default Can your phone see the car's BT?

I initiated pairing from the car. At some point the car sates that it's searching and provided the security code. At that point I used the phone which displayed the list of potential BT devices one of them (or the only one) may be the car. I paired my wife's LG Vu like this.
I hope it's helpful.
Does your phone see the car's BT (or any other BT provider for that matter)?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have a '10 Outback and initially had same problem pairing my LG 420G. After some searching thru the fon's menu, I found I simply did not have BlueTooth turned on in the fon ! It should B EZ ... now that I know what to do. WHen U'r in Ur car, before U start the pairing process, on Ur fon go to Menu > Settings > Connections > BlueTooth and select 'Turn On', and [Save]. U should then have the appropriate option to enter the pair code that Ur Sub give U.
Basmati Jones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

I've found that my LG phone gets odd and will shut down the blue tooth setting when the battery gets low on the phone. I just went through this yesterday. After charging the phone I had to go in and turn the blue tooth off and back on in the phone to get it to work then the car would pair with the phone no issue. This is like the 5th time I've done this after the phone battery in the LG got low.
subiesailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 06:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car: '11 Outback Limited 2.5

I have 2 different iPhones paired in my Outback. My wife and I both drive the car. The car only recognizes one of the phones at a time. Do you always have to select which phone you want to call with everytime? Its kinda pain to keep switching back and forth when we both switch off driving the Outback.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARGEROUTBACK View Post
I have 2 different iPhones paired in my Outback. My wife and I both drive the car. The car only recognizes one of the phones at a time. Do you always have to select which phone you want to call with everytime? Its kinda pain to keep switching back and forth when we both switch off driving the Outback.
See the following previous thread:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...onnecting.html

Yes every time you what to switch phones it mus be done within the menu.
Subaru at first told me it would auto-connect but then corrected it to it must be done manually within the menu. The following is from Subaru's last email;

"Thank you very much for your patience and follow-up. You have helped me discovery that information we were previously provided with was incorrect. I am very sorry for your time spent and inconveniences trying to obtain information.
I have notified our Training Manager of the incorrenct and correct information, so that all of us Customer Service Representatives are aware of this information.
You are correct in that it is not the last phone paired to the hands-free system in your vehicle that will automatically connect when entering the vehicle. The following information is from the Product Management Department:

Only the phone that is set to 'autoconnect' within the system will autoconnect. If a different paired phone needs to be connected, it would be necessary to go into the system and selected it as the phone to be connected. There is no modification to the system to allow for it to autoconnect in a different manner. There's a 'button' on the phone connection screen that you push to set 'autoconnect' by phone.

I know that this functionality of the hands-free system is not convenient to you and your wife, as you both regularly drive your vehicle. I had advised the Product Manager of your situation and this feedback. Our communications have also been documented in our Customer/Dealer Services database. This will allow for them to be properly reviewed, tracked and considered by our Product Management Department as a whole. Subaru is always striving to improve upon our products and appreciates when our customers bring their concerns and recommendations to our attention.
Because of your time and inconveniences with trying to obtain information,

by email - as an attachment in a reply to this message
by fax - (856)488-3299
by mail - Subaru of America, Inc. P.O. Box 6000, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-6000
"
akar7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Outback Limited 3.6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARGEROUTBACK View Post
If it connected to both iPhones at once, how would it know which phone to dial out on when you wanted to make a call?
gdiener is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: