Tracking New Car Order - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Recruit

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Tracking New Car Order

Just made deposit on new 2010 Outback that listed on the Subaru Web site as "This Vehicle Is in Transit". The dealer says it is due Jan 11, 2010. How do independently confirm the due date?

If I have a VIN does it mean the car is manufactured?

I have a copy of the SOA Invoice to the dealer. Does this mean it has shipped?
Nuburu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2009, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 2014 3.6R Limited Ice Silver/2013 3.6R TBM/B
Default Re: Tracking New Car Order

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuburu
Just made deposit on new 2010 Outback that listed on the Subaru Web site as "This Vehicle Is in Transit". The dealer says it is due Jan 11, 2010. How do independently confirm the due date?

I can tell you from my experience, is that I never got any kind of tracking info from my dealer, I was told Subaru doesn't supply that kind of information to the consumer.

I don't think they even tell the dealer, because the sales guy I dealt with didn't know when the truck was coming. When he called me the day it arrived, he was surprised it was there, because he had no idea it was coming so soon, mine has the 6MT, and when we ordered it, he said that option usually makes for a longer delivery time, we had it in 40 days.
gtbdevs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2009, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Yes, it snows in Arizona!

Car: 2010 3.6 Outback Limited Cypress Green

Quote:
How do you check the status on the Subaru Site? We have a VIN, but can't get much of an answer. The only one we got recently was that our car was going to take another month.
Flagstaffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2009, 11:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 2010 Outback 3.6R Limited w/Nav

Quote:
I tried to track my order by watching the in transit status. Got a call from the dealer to pick the vehicle up and the in transit status appeared a few days later.
darrelld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2009, 11:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car: 2010 Outback 3.6R Limited w/Nav, Silver Steel

I'm in the same boat - made a deposit on a silver 3.6R Limited with Nav that is slated for dealer inventory. Dealer's system has shown the status of the vehicle as "Due in December" since early November. Was still "due in December" as of yesterday...they better hurry...there's only 13 hours left in December! Manager is trying to get an update from the factory rep, but he's on vacation apparently...so much for that tax deduction!
burneedog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Recruit

Car: 07 Outback Limited Satin Pearl White

Hey Burneedog and others:

I feel your pain on the sales tax deduction issue. Ordered my 2.5 limited Legacy 10/31 and was promised 6-8 week delivery. I was informed 2 weeks ago that my car would now arrive "sometime in January...maybe".

I wrote to Subaru corporate explaining how upset I was about the delays because (a) I want the car for winter (b) I'm missing out on a substantial tax deduction. In my case, it would have resulted in $600-$700 in tax savings.

I explained that because of their piss-poor inventory planning, loyal Subaru customers are taking a convenience and financial hit. I suggest all who are experiencing the same problem also voice their frustrations to Subaru Corporate. If enough customers complain perhaps they'll step up and offer us some sort of compensation. Right now one of their customer reps is "looking into" my situation.
Mike Simos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Car: 2010 OB 3.6R limited

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Simos
Hey Burneedog and others:

I feel your pain on the sales tax deduction issue. Ordered my 2.5 limited Legacy 10/31 and was promised 6-8 week delivery. I was informed 2 weeks ago that my car would now arrive "sometime in January...maybe".

I wrote to Subaru corporate explaining how upset I was about the delays because (a) I want the car for winter (b) I'm missing out on a substantial tax deduction. In my case, it would have resulted in $600-$700 in tax savings.

I explained that because of their piss-poor inventory planning, loyal Subaru customers are taking a convenience and financial hit. I suggest all who are experiencing the same problem also voice their frustrations to Subaru Corporate. If enough customers complain perhaps they'll step up and offer us some sort of compensation. Right now one of their customer reps is "looking into" my situation.
Where do you write/send your complaints regarding this to? I am in the same boat as you. Bye bye tax saving.....
awd-gg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2009, 02:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Recruit

Car: 07 Outback Limited Satin Pearl White

Hi AWD-GG:

I originally sent my complaint via the "contact us" link on the Subaru website. I received a reply from this email address yesterday:CustDlrServices@subaru.com

Good luck

Mike
Mike Simos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car: 2013-2.5i, Limited (Special Appearance Package)

I received a "Vehicle Order Status/Pipeline" Report today for my 2013 Outback from the dealer. The (Spec) field says California, I live in Washington, does anyone know why this would say California? I hope I did not get charged for the price of a California car, or for a California delivery.
2013-2.5i CVT, Limited (Special Appearance Package) BBP,SBL, Moon Roof,Nav System,Harman Kardon, Remote Engine Start, Keyless Access, Keyless Start, Trailer Hitch,Splash Guard,Wheel Arch Molding, Rear Seat Back Protector, Hood Protector, Moon Roof Air Deflector, Side Window Deflector, All Weather Rubber Mats.
c9chief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: