Subaru Outback Forums banner

Midna's Mods

6K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Lucky_Heartless 
#1 ·
I'm starting this thread to keep track of my mods for my 2014 Outback "Midna".

Today I installed JDM inner tail lights. I'm still waiting on an adapter for my outside lights (hopefully this week).

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Received the other adapters in the mail today and finished the install. I have to say...these are pretty sexy. I will post more pics when it gets dark.
All of these are without brakes on, just running lights. Modes/numbers correspond to the pictures.

1. Flashers and running lights.
2. Flashers, running lights, and reverse light.
3. Flashers and running lights.
4. Running lights.
5. Running lights and reverse lights
6. Running lights and reverse lights.

Attachments

#11 ·
Thanks. They look even better than I thought they would!
Those are my surface-to-surface rocket pods to get through traffic situations. It's amazing how quickly people will start moving once the car next to them has been relieved of its space on the road. :wink2:
Just kidding. Those are tray bike carriers from 1UP USA. They were the best bike rack I could find.

Here's some pictures in the morning light without the lights on.

Attachments

#12 ·
I've had the Perrin brass bushing installed for a week now. The shifts have a little less wiggle room in 3rd and 4th. Most people have described it as a more "notchy" feel to the shifter. To me it feels like the gear is more "locked" into place. All in all no regrets and definitely worth the price.

Now I'm deciding if I want to put the Perrin short throw adapter in...

#16 ·
Well back at it again.

I did the clutch damper delete last week. Totally worth it! Although where you need to get to is in the drivers foot well right behind the steering column (So frowny face on that...much like this one: :( ). No more floating clutch engagement point for me! :grin2:
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/clutch-damper-valve-delete-223235.html
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-gen-4-2010-2014/181394-6mt-clutch-damper-delete.html

Just got my rally Innovations light bar with a pair of PIAA 520's in ion yellow yesterday. I hope to install it tomorrow.
2010-2014 Subaru Outback Rally Light Bar ? Shop Rally Innovations

Been looking at options for finally getting around to doing the foot well lighting. I'm going to have to run two switches and a potentiometer for it to work the way I want it to. One switch will control which "hot" powers the lights while the second will control the always on/off. Basically I will tap into an auto on/off "hot" (Will be powered on with door opening/closing or lock/unlock) and the always on accessory power. The second switch will go in between the 1st switch and the always on "hot" so I can turn them on/off at will. the potentiometer will allow dimming when in always on "mode".

It should work.....hopefully :jump:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.