Subaru Outback Forums banner

Spare Key

788 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Sandroad 
#1 ·
I am purchasing a used 2013 Outback 2.5i Premium today, but the only catch is that there is only one key. I called the dealer and was quoted $210 for the key with built in fob and ~$190 for a valet key (I would probably want one of each, one with a fob for regular use and a valet key to hide somewhere under the car). Just wondering if anyone here could suggest a less expensive alternative (or perhaps point me to an appropriate thread if this has already been discussed here). Thank you very much. Jeff.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I picked up the car today and they had found the other keys, so now I have 3 keys with integrated fobs and a valet key (I thought they only came with 2, plus the valet?). Not complaining though, I am really happy not to have to seek/pay for new keys. Love the car so far (2013 2.5i Premium with all weather package, 14,000 miles, white with tan inerior).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.