Heavy Duty Cargo Basket Deal - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #21 (permalink)

Car: 2011 3.6R Ltd.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

If anyone is a member of the American Canoe Association, you can get the basket for $49.95! My father is a member and rec'd this from the ACA in an email a few weeks ago.

..."Over the past year, the ACA and Subaru of America have been working cooperatively to address the factory roof-rack situation that many of you have brought to our attention. Below is a letter from Subaru detailing an opportunity to address the situation.

We (Subaru of America) understand your concerns regarding limitations on carrying certain types of cargo utilizing the standard roof rails and cross bars on the 2010 or 2011 Subaru Outback. To address these concerns, Subaru is offering the Genuine Subaru Accessory Heavy Duty Cargo Basket at a reduced price. The reduced price is $249.95-a discount of $120 from the original list price.

We are pleased to announce that in an effort to expand the standard roof top cargo carrying functionality of the 2010 and 2011 Outback, the Heavy-Duty Roof Basket can be attached to the Outback standard roof rails and cross bars. The Subaru Heavy Duty Cargo Basket’s integrated tubular structure increase the overall crossbar spread (distance between crossbars) from the standard fixed 30” to 40”. The Heavy-Duty Roof Basket includes a cargo net and will provide customers with additional storage space and utility. In addition, customers can also mount the Subaru Genuine Accessories 53” Round Crossbars (E361SXA400) to this basket*. By attaching the round crossbars to the basket, the overall crossbar spread can be increased from 30” to 36”. The length of these 53” crossbars allows you to carry more cargo items (properly attached and within the weight limit) than the Outback’s standard roof rails and cross bars*.

ACA members, in good standing, are eligible to receive a special ACA Rebate in addition to this discount; ACA members will receive a $200 rebate for a final customer cost of $49.95 exclusive of taxes.

To receive this rebate, please call 1-800-Subaru-3 to provide Subaru with documentation of your ACA membership and documentation for your purchase of this Genuine Subaru Accessory."
Wooderson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 09:27 AM   #22 (permalink)

Car: 3rd Subaru. 2011 Ouback Limited with NAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux3 View Post
I first heard about the offer here:
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...2010-ob-7.html

After complaining on the MySubaru website about trying to load my touring kayaks on my new 2010 OB.

From SoA:
Mr. XXXXX,
I hope you had a good weekend.
Subaru understands that some owners are experiencing these types of concerns and are happy to offer a solution. I hope it is something that you might be able to consider for your unique situation.
To expand the standard rooftop cargo-carrying functionality of the 2010 and 2011 Outback, the Heavy-Duty Roof Cargo Basket (Part Number E361SSA200) is now available, and can be attached to the standard roof rails and cross bars on the 2010 or 2011 Model Year Outback.

The Subaru Heavy-Duty Roof Cargo Basket’s integrated crossbars increase the available fore-aft crossbar spread (distance between crossbars) from the standard fixed 30” to a fixed 40” spread. When you mount the Subaru Genuine Accessories 53” round crossbars (Part Number E361SXA400) to this basket, these round crossbars offer a spread increase from the standard fixed 30” to an adjustable 36”.
In addition, the length of these 53” crossbars allows you to carry more cargo items (properly attached and within the weight limit) than the 36” length of the standard crossbars. The Heavy-Duty Roof Cargo Basket will also provide you with additional storage space and utility.

We have even more great news for you! Subaru is offering a special rebate on the purchase of our Heavy-Duty Roof Cargo Basket. We have discounted the MSRP of $369.95 to $249.95, a savings of $120.00. In addition, if you provide Subaru with your documentation for your purchase of this Genuine Subaru Accessory, Subaru of America, Inc., will provide you with a $150.00 rebate.

This will reduce your final cost to $99.95 exclusive of taxes. This offer is valid until December 31, 2010 to you as our way of saying thanks for your input.

Should you decide to visit your local Subaru dealer to take advantage of this offer, we would just require a copy of your paid receipt as proof of purchase of our Subaru Heavy-Duty Roof Cargo Basket. You can mail, fax (856.488.3299), or email customer@subaru.com your documentation to receive your rebate. When sending in documentation, please include your SR Number, located at the top of this letter, to help expedite the handling of you rebate. Once we receive your documentation, your rebate check will be processed and mailed to you within 10-14 business days.

Please let me know what you think!

Subaru of America, Inc.
...CRAP!...you guys south of our border get all the great deals from Subaru. SIC is pretty darn cheap when it comes to stuff like this...and yes...I am whining!
The human soul, in some ways like good helium, expands to whatever environment it has. Or conversely sinks to whatever ditch it is offered. That's where the real battles are waged-and waged continually. David Adams Richards

ZeeMaps - Subaru Outback.Org Owner Location: Show us where you are.

scoobydoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #23 (permalink)

Car: 2010 Outback, 2.5i Premium, 6 speed, PZEV, RalliTEK rear bar, trailer hitch. Also 2001 WRX.

would like to see a photo of one installed, also any experiences with it.
nikwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #24 (permalink)

Car: 2011 2.5i CVT Premium

If you search for Yakima Load Warrior, you might get a few more pictures (it's the same basket).

I got mine two weeks ago, and for $100, it's great. It comes with the $40 stretch net, which the standard Yakima Load Warrior does not include. Once you get it setup, it takes less than 5 minutes to put it on, and maybe 2 minutes to take it off. It is very well made, and has a flip down fairing so you can move it out of the way for something long and thin (2x4s maybe?) to be easily secured. There is a noticeable amount of wind noise, so I will only put it on when I need it.

For $350, I'd pass. For $100, it is a great buy. I won't use it very often, but it'll be nice great to have for road trips and miscellaneous hauling needs.
guns&motorcycles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

Car: '11 Sky Blue 3.6 Limited w Moonroof/ Backup Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikwax View Post
would like to see a photo of one installed, also any experiences with it.

guns&motorcycles , Thanks for the contact us tip, I got the rebate via e-mail.
SouthJerseyOB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #26 (permalink)

Car: 2010 Outback, 2.5i Premium, 6 speed, PZEV, RalliTEK rear bar, trailer hitch. Also 2001 WRX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyOB View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL8aIgApzYs

guns&motorcycles , Thanks for the contact us tip, I got the rebate via e-mail.

thanks, that actually looks quite good.

Now how does that give us more fore and aft spread? It looks like the ends of the basket are about even with the ends of the factory crossbars. I'm looking at it as a potential canoe carrier.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #27 (permalink)

Car: '11 Sky Blue 3.6 Limited w Moonroof/ Backup Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikwax View Post
thanks, that actually looks quite good.

Now how does that give us more fore and aft spread? It looks like the ends of the basket are about even with the ends of the factory crossbars. I'm looking at it as a potential canoe carrier.
The spread goes from 30" to 44". If you buy this, you can get 62":
Amazon.com: Yakima LoadWarrior Extension: Automotive Amazon.com: Yakima LoadWarrior Extension: Automotive

I'm seriously considering it since it would go over the sunroof and protect it when we are hauling stuff on the roof.
SouthJerseyOB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #28 (permalink)

My dealer has 15% off roof rack accessories this weekend. Hopefully other dealers do as well. $211.65 after the discount, and with the $150 rebate, that makes the net cost $61.65. Wow.

Just ordered mine, hope to see it soon. And that LoadWarrior Extension looks great. Even if it costs more than the rack ;-)
Old 10-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #29 (permalink)

Car: 2011 OB Limited 2.5i, 2011 Tribeca Limited

What is the best way to go about getting the $150 discount on it from your dealer making it cost lest than $100. Please advise. I have seen some email addresses and a number. Should I just go through mysubaru? Again which is the best way.
CLB_IV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLB_IV View Post
What is the best way to go about getting the $150 discount on it from your dealer making it cost lest than $100. Please advise. I have seen some email addresses and a number. Should I just go through mysubaru? Again which is the best way.
Send an email to customer@subaru.com stating that you are interested in getting the Heavy Duty Cargo Basket rebate along with VIN#, mailing address, and mileage of vehicle (that is the info they asked me for) and they will reply within a day or two with:

"Subaru is offering a special rebate on the purchase of our Heavy-Duty Roof Cargo Basket. We have discounted the MSRP of $369.95 to $249.95, a savings of $120.00.
In addition, if you provide Subaru with your documentation for your purchase of this Genuine Subaru Accessory, Subaru of America, Inc., will provide you with a $150.00 rebate.

This will reduce your final cost to $99.95 exclusive of taxes. This offer is valid until December 31, 2010 to you as our way of saying thanks for your input.

Should you decide to visit your local Subaru dealer to take advantage of this offer, we would just require a copy of your paid receipt as proof of purchase of our Subaru Heavy-Duty Roof Cargo Basket. You can mail, fax (856.488.3299), or email customer@subaru.com your documentation to receive your rebate.
When sending in documentation, please include your SR Number, xxxxxxxxxx to help expedite the handling of you rebate. Once we receive your documentation, your rebate check will be processed and mailed to you within 10-14 business days."

Then I called my dealer and had them order the basket for me. They saw the price was reduced from $369 down to $249, but they did not know about the rebate, you have to go through customer@subaru.com for the $150 rebate.
DaBears3454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: