Heavy Duty Cargo Basket Deal - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Outback 3.6R Premium
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Heavy Duty Cargo Basket Deal

I complained to MySubaru.com and just got the SR number needed for the rebate.
But. If I connect my Yakima cross rails to the basket it looks like that adds around 5 ~ 6 inches to the height.
I used a set of Yakima "J" racks on my Legacy wagon but the OB is a lot taller and if I add height....
I'm not sure if I should buy the basket or not. I do like the added spacing between the rails and I do already have all the other parts.
Nothing is straight forward is it.
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car: Black 2010 OB 2.5i Premium CVT

What?
Primitive light bar and skid plates, Yakima Mega warrior, 18mm RSB , RA mud flaps, Front windows tinted 35% , Subaru bug shield/hood protector, SS damlifier pro , Full LED interior , Phillips HID low beams , Kenwood Exelon DNX-6960 Nav unit, Alpine Type R 17s in front and 17c in back , Kicker 360.4 WANTED: Full interior SS luxury liner pro, Amp and sub, Body side molding.
Rolling on Nokian WRG2XL
combatmedic870 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 2011 3.6 Limited in Graphite Grey

I got the offer too and for $99 with all rebates, I am thinking of just grabbing it.
trumpus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 2011 3.6

Where can I find info on this?
bluezurich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car: '10 OB 2.5i/ '07 10r :)

Yes please more info! I've been wanting a roof basket
Christian402 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Outback 3.6R Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezurich View Post
Where can I find info on this?
I first heard about the offer here:
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...2010-ob-7.html

After complaining on the MySubaru website about trying to load my touring kayaks on my new 2010 OB.

From SoA:
Mr. XXXXX,
I hope you had a good weekend.
Subaru understands that some owners are experiencing these types of concerns and are happy to offer a solution. I hope it is something that you might be able to consider for your unique situation.
To expand the standard rooftop cargo-carrying functionality of the 2010 and 2011 Outback, the Heavy-Duty Roof Cargo Basket (Part Number E361SSA200) is now available, and can be attached to the standard roof rails and cross bars on the 2010 or 2011 Model Year Outback.

The Subaru Heavy-Duty Roof Cargo Basket’s integrated crossbars increase the available fore-aft crossbar spread (distance between crossbars) from the standard fixed 30” to a fixed 40” spread. When you mount the Subaru Genuine Accessories 53” round crossbars (Part Number E361SXA400) to this basket, these round crossbars offer a spread increase from the standard fixed 30” to an adjustable 36”.
In addition, the length of these 53” crossbars allows you to carry more cargo items (properly attached and within the weight limit) than the 36” length of the standard crossbars. The Heavy-Duty Roof Cargo Basket will also provide you with additional storage space and utility.

We have even more great news for you! Subaru is offering a special rebate on the purchase of our Heavy-Duty Roof Cargo Basket. We have discounted the MSRP of $369.95 to $249.95, a savings of $120.00. In addition, if you provide Subaru with your documentation for your purchase of this Genuine Subaru Accessory, Subaru of America, Inc., will provide you with a $150.00 rebate.

This will reduce your final cost to $99.95 exclusive of taxes. This offer is valid until December 31, 2010 to you as our way of saying thanks for your input.

Should you decide to visit your local Subaru dealer to take advantage of this offer, we would just require a copy of your paid receipt as proof of purchase of our Subaru Heavy-Duty Roof Cargo Basket. You can mail, fax (856.488.3299), or email customer@subaru.com your documentation to receive your rebate. When sending in documentation, please include your SR Number, located at the top of this letter, to help expedite the handling of you rebate. Once we receive your documentation, your rebate check will be processed and mailed to you within 10-14 business days.

Please let me know what you think!

Subaru of America, Inc.
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Car: 2011 2.5i CVT Premium

Wow. I was going to hold off on the basket, but for that price it would be hard not to!
guns&motorcycles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Does anyone know if the Heavy Duty Cargo Basket can be purchased online for less than MSRP, but then still use the $150 rebate from SOA? If I buy it online for $200 -- do I still get $150 back from SOA?

Does anyone have this basket? How does it attached to factory crossbars? Can those attachments be used for attaching other things?
ShellKing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

$150 back from SOA is only through SOA given they have a fixed price for it through them. IE they are probably giving it to you at cost or with a much - much smaller mark up. So in effect SOA is not loosing money by making you happy. If you buy from someone else and use SOA's discount card SOA is loosing money given they are paying you to buy someone elses marked up basket. So no I can't think of any company that would ever give you $150 discount on another companies product.
subiesailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Car: '11 Sky Blue 3.6 Limited w Moonroof/ Backup Camera

I think he is talking about it being $186 at www.subaruonlineparts.com. He wants to know if he can get the basket for $36. ($186-150 rebate.) I highly doubt it since the letter clearly states that the $150 will be taken off the $249 list price but it never hurts to try since it's for the same product.
SouthJerseyOB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: