Subaru Outback Forums banner

Radio bezel

7K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  BlackLightning 
#1 ·
I'm the proud new owner of a 2011 Subaru Outback, this is my first Subaru and I'm loving it so far.
I had been piling up parts for a carputer build and have a 10.1 inch monitor I've tasked myself to mold into a dash. I found this on amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZS... close. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
As you've found out, there's not nearly enough room. I Think it's a much better candidate for a 6-8" size monitor if you want to do some heavy modifications.

If you want to keep the modifications more manageable, Metra offers two bezels that fit into that dash panel.

Vertical face: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Metra-95-8903S-Double-Installation-Outback/dp/B00ANAHJ92/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1440119873&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=subaru+metra+bezel+double+din[/ame]

Angled face: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Metra-95-8904B-Dash-Kit-Outback/dp/B003D3NEMC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1440119917&sr=8-6&keywords=Metra+95+subaru[/ame]

#5 ·
I planning a double din install in my outback and just ordered new fascia trim as I have the OEM navigation so the metra bezels are not enough.

I ordered if off ebay and it looks like it may have been the same item you linked to on Amazon (wasn't on purpose; didn't mean to snipe your item).

Anyway, the same seller has another listed on ebay for much cheaper:
10 13 Subaru Legacy Center Vents Radio Bezel Dash Trim 337 | eBay

It looks like it has some damage/wear but it may be useful.

#6 ·
Thanks, nice find, this may work perfectly for me as I'm gonna wind up taking a dremel to it anyways. I think I've decided to wedge the screen in portrait mode and glass around it. It's gonna be more challenging to match the paint up than anything.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
What are you using the screen for?

#9 ·
A carputer running centrafuse. I've already got the OS worked out, a DC-DC converter with a smart start circuit, the only thing holding me from moving forward here is finding a place to mount the screen and figuring how I wanna do the audio side. I dunno if I want to do a DAC > crossover > amps or a 7.1 usb sound card straight to amps

#12 ·
Thank you, im gonna need all the luck I can get. So far here is my progress.....
I've got the radio bezel and the one I got has the cubby hole without the flip up door. This coupled with being able to position the screen different ways has given me new insight on the screen placement. I REALLY wanted to mount the screen vertical so when I started working on the interface for the 360° camera system the screen would already be in a format like the car, but fitting it horizontally will lead to MUCH less fabrication but will block a small portion of the vents, which hopefully won't be too much of an issue in the winter. I'll be pushing the interface half screen centrafuse half screen 360° video when time comes around for that project. I've pulled the pioneer premier 5.25 component speakers out of my other car that im parting out and awaiting speaker adapter/spacers for them I've ordered from Patrick at Subaru Audio. I'll be going with one Sound Storm Laboratories LoPRO10 mounted to the back of the rear seats, and depending on the sound I'll add or change it to something else. I know, I've heard not to do it, but everyone that's gotten it and installed it has been pleasantly surprised at the amount of bass it puts out and it's really thin.
Record player Electronics Product Technology Electronic device

Auto part Audio equipment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.