Subaru Outback Forums banner

Premium vs. Limited

5K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  amati5 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a certified pre-owned 2014 Outback 2.5i Limited. Wood trim and leather. Very happy with the car.

However, from what I've been reading, all Limiteds come standard with turn signals on the side mirrors and the large LCD screen with nav. I have neither... I have painted mirrors (not black) and the small LCD screen w/o navigation.

Was there some sort of advanced package of Limited models?

#2 ·
Welp... reading about this "Special Appearance Package"... must be what the original owner didn't opt for.

#3 ·
Looks like yours has the same options as my 2013 car -- it's a Limited without navigation. Still has a pretty nice Harmon Kardon audio system. It took me a bit to find the subwoofer in the back cargo compartment. It was under the seat in my last Subaru. Do you have the moonroof package?

#5 ·
Nice! A lot of people bash the factory nav, so I don't think we're missing much. I bought one of these and stuck it on the door to that dash cubby. I just stick my phone there for GPS and bluetooth audio. Can't open the door all the way anymore, but it's a pretty useless little area anyway.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-MagicMount-Magnetic-Frustration-Free-Packaging/dp/B00I608BFW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1444357431&sr=8-6&keywords=scosche+magnetic+mount[/ame]

#8 ·
My opinion, you're better off without the nav system.
Also, you should have USB and Aux ports in the console for music and phone and hands free phone with voice command.
I love to just plug in a thumb drive with my top 120 on it.

Never seen turn signals on the mirrors. Must be a 5th Gen thing. 2015 or later.

I also have a 2014 2.5 but mine is a Premium so I lack some of your goodies. My wife has the 2012 3.6 Limited and I love her dual zone AC. I miss that in my Premium.

John

#16 ·
My opinion, you're better off without the nav system.
Also, you should have USB and Aux ports in the console for music and phone and hands free phone with voice command.
I love to just plug in a thumb drive with my top 120 on it.

John
Does your usb automatically plays when you start the car even though you had the audio system off when you left or had it on something else other than usb? Mine does it and it's annoying.

#9 ·
The advanced package as stated above was a mid Gen 4 update limited edition Special Appearance Package. It had brown leather seats, the silver/turn signal mirrors, silver door handles, two tone wheels(barely), push button start, back seat heat/AC vents and IIRC different interior "wood" trim/shift knob and different grill. Not sure if the big screen Nav is HK/moonroof related or SAP. It's been 2+ years since I bought mine and it's late so my list off the top might not be exact, but it's close. The 15-16s have some of these available now.

EDIT: There is no wood grain shift knobon the SAP. It is leather which was an option on the 2010-12.

#10 ·
My 15 OB has a nav and I hated it. I end up sticking a ball type metallic magnet and use my phone instead. The routing is no good compare to Waze. Worst thing is that I have to stop my car to set the destination even I have a passenger.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.