OB Lane Wandering - Page 54 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #531 (permalink)
SRC

Car: 2013 3.6 White SAP
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeh View Post
You mean car to car? Or different sessions from the same car?

The realistic answer is that the numbers will never be exactly the same. You could get an alignment, pull the sensors off the wheel, back the car up, roll it forward again, re-attach the sensors, and get a different reading. But it shouldn't be too different.
No, when I look at the different print outs, I see different values for what is considered within spec. I.e. on my print out front toe range is -.15 to .15 on the one submitted by Joem, the range is -.08 to .08. I think that I have seen three different "specified" ranges. Rear toe also varies. Cobalt has made the same observation.
SRC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #532 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback, E93 and E36 BMWs
Default Alignment Specs

Here is mine which I posted before. I also called SOA and verified that they are the same as the MY12.
It does show 0.08 plus minus front
Rear 0.17 plus minus...
Attached Thumbnails
OB Lane Wandering-outback-2013-original-alignment.jpg  
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #533 (permalink)

Car: '13 OB, Black, SAP

Had my alignment done today because I was dealing with the wandering issue as well. The dealer initially told me the wandering was due to the tires being below the required pressure (conviniently the tire pressure light illuminated on my way to the dealership).

Anyhow I still asked them to do an alignment and it feels significantly better on my way home. Attached is the report.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ALIGN1.pdf (36.1 KB, 134 views)
Primitive Racing front/rear skid plate, King rear springs, 19mm RSB, Venture shield paint protection film, Chrome turn signal bulbs, Weather tech digital fit liners, seat back protectors, HID headlamps, Hella FF55 driving lights, XPel headlight protection film, smoke Headlight Armor taillight film, hood deflector.
JCBERB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #534 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBERB View Post
Had my alignment done today because I was dealing with the wandering issue as well. The dealer initially told me the wandering was due to the tires being below the required pressure (conviniently the tire pressure light illuminated on my way to the dealership).

Anyhow I still asked them to do an alignment and it feels significantly better on my way home. Attached is the report.
Dear Lord! Your car was WAY out of spec in regards to toe. I can't imagine how tough it must have been to keep your car straight. Looks like they did a decent job with zero toe up front and slight toe in in the rear. A little toe in in the front wouldn't hurt.
*Subie* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #535 (permalink)

Car: '13 OB, Black, SAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Subie* View Post
Dear Lord! Your car was WAY out of spec in regards to toe. I can't imagine how tough it must have been to keep your car straight. Looks like they did a decent job with zero toe up front and slight toe in in the rear. A little toe in in the front wouldn't hurt.
At first I did not complain too much because I thought that I had to get used to the OB, and around here I seldom exceed 65 MPH, but a couple of HW trips freaked me out. I am looking for a good shop around me to help me tweak it the alignment as it is still not where I want it. What annoys me is the guy had the nerve to tell me it was just my tires needing more air.
Primitive Racing front/rear skid plate, King rear springs, 19mm RSB, Venture shield paint protection film, Chrome turn signal bulbs, Weather tech digital fit liners, seat back protectors, HID headlamps, Hella FF55 driving lights, XPel headlight protection film, smoke Headlight Armor taillight film, hood deflector.
JCBERB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #536 (permalink)

The last two reports also stateMY2010- 2012 and non state 2013. I sent all this and the link to this thread to the service manager I am using now. He called me and stated he was going to look into it with Subie N/A.

We are growing here in leaps and bounds. It would be great if all the people who have the same problem would speak up. But todays generation just lays down and take it in the pants.
2006 Forester X Premium Loaded
The best car we have owned to date.
JOEM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #537 (permalink)

Car: 2012 OB 2.5i base+AWP 6-MT 35k mi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEM View Post
The last two reports also stateMY2010- 2012 and non state 2013. I sent all this and the link to this thread to him. He called me and stated he was going to look into it with Subie N/A.

We are growing here in leaps and bounds. It would be great if all the people who have the same problem would speak up. But todays generation just lays down and take it in the pants.
Who's "him"?
car history: 1969 toyota corona 1970 honda 600 car 1978 dodge p/u slant-6 1978 saab 99 EMS 1967 volvo 122 1976 bmw 2002 1968 & 1967 plymouth valiant slant-6 1995 vw golf 1997 honda odyssey 1998 mazda p/u 2005 subaru outback 2003 dodge diesel p/u 4x4 2000 vw golf TDI
DieselOx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #538 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEM View Post
The last two reports also stateMY2010- 2012 and non state 2013. I sent all this and the link to this thread to the service manager I am using now. He called me and stated he was going to look into it with Subie N/A.

Good job JOEM...SOA needs to know about this issue and they need to do something about it.

You're definitely right about today's generation...nobody gives a #$?!@ anymore! It's really sad. Everyone walks around like freakin zombies with this "whatever" attitude. I can't stand it. Anyway, I digress...

Even though my '13 OB seems much better after the 2nd alignment, I am still going to call SOA and complain. There is no reason or excuse that these cars are leaving the factory with their alignments so out of specifications. Where is the quality control? Are these cars even test driven before they leave for the dealers? My OB felt downright dangerous to drive on the highway and my wife refused to drive it (and it's her daily driver!). Also, there is no reason or excuse that in December of 2012, my dealer still doesn't have the alignment specifications uploaded in their alignment machines for 2013 OB's. What's up with that??? The 2013's were out in mid 2012 for God's sake! SOA get with it!!!

Rant off.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #539 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback, E93 and E36 BMWs
Default Action Plan for the OB Wander

Here is a suggestion.
Start a thread with the title that fits the problem like

"Unacceptable OB Wander----Alignment Specs Bad"

and have those of use add to the thread with our user names (sign up list). Beleive me Subaru reads this forum because this is the main forum in the US for the Outback. I have seen this done countless times on other auto forums and it gets results. No more complaining randomly lets do something about it as long as it doesn't violate forum rules.
Waiting on feedback on this idea
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #540 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
Here is a suggestion.
Start a thread with the title that fits the problem like

"Unacceptable OB Wander----Alignment Specs Bad"

and have those of use add to the thread with our user names (sign up list). Beleive me Subaru reads this forum because this is the main forum in the US for the Outback. I have seen this done countless times on other auto forums and it gets results. No more complaining randomly lets do something about it as long as it doesn't violate forum rules.
Waiting on feedback on this idea
I'm in if it's legal around here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: