OB Lane Wandering - Page 55 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #541 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
Here is a suggestion.
Start a thread with the title that fits the problem like

"Unacceptable OB Wander----Alignment Specs Bad"

and have those of use add to the thread with our user names (sign up list). Beleive me Subaru reads this forum because this is the main forum in the US for the Outback. I have seen this done countless times on other auto forums and it gets results. No more complaining randomly lets do something about it as long as it doesn't violate forum rules.
Waiting on feedback on this idea
A rep from SNA told me when I had the 2012 told me they pay people to read this website forum. Maybe it should be in Braille!!!!
2006 Forester X Premium Loaded
The best car we have owned to date.
JOEM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #542 (permalink)

Car: 2013 OB 3.6R SAP

A poll would also likely get their attention.
Georgeh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #543 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeh View Post
A poll would also likely get their attention.
Better yet...we should all "WANDER" our way to Cherry Hill NJ and park in front of their headquarters. What do you think they would do when a bunch of unhappy OB owners showed up in numbers like that??? Do you think that would get their attention? Then we could ask them to drive every single one of the OB's and ask them if they think it drives like a normal car should drive. While we're at it, ask them why the passenger front wheel sits further back than the driver side wheel.

I definitely think this would work better at getting their attention compared to having a poll. Who's in???
*Subie* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #544 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Subie* View Post
Better yet...we should all "WANDER" our way to Cherry Hill NJ and park in front of their headquarters. What do you think they would do when a bunch of unhappy OB owners showed up in numbers like that??? Do you think that would get their attention? Then we could ask them to drive every single one of the OB's and ask them if they think it drives like a normal car should drive. While we're at it, ask them why the passenger front wheel sits further back than the driver side wheel.

I definitely think this would work better at getting their attention compared to having a poll. Who's in???
Sounds like a Spring Event. After that we can jump into Philadelphia for some Cheese Steak Sandwiches at Pat's or Geno's. *SUBIE you know I am all about food. LOL
Old 01-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #545 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP
Send a message via AIM to ScottyNorq Send a message via Yahoo to ScottyNorq

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Subie* View Post

My car is at the dealer today. I told them the passenger side wheel is farther back in the wheel well and told them about this blog. An SOA rep came out and he knew about these posts. They have a bulletin out that tells them to shave off part of the splash guard to keep it from rubbing. I am picking my car back up in a few hours.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #546 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyNorq View Post
My car is at the dealer today. I told them the passenger side wheel is farther back in the wheel well and told them about this blog. An SOA rep came out and he knew about these posts. They have a bulletin out that tells them to shave off part of the splash guard to keep it from rubbing. I am picking my car back up in a few hours.
Like *subie*and I stated. The easy way out generation. They are just like the NY politicians that create a law to cover up the real problem. Hey *subie*NJ is starting to look like paradise. LOL
Old 01-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #547 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEM View Post
Sounds like a Spring Event. After that we can jump into Philadelphia for some Cheese Steak Sandwiches at Pat's or Geno's. *SUBIE you know I am all about food. LOL
Sounds like a plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEM View Post
Like *subie*and I stated. The easy way out generation. They are just like the NY politicians that create a law to cover up the real problem. Hey *subie*NJ is starting to look like paradise. LOL
NJ...paradise??? HA!!! I guess it isn't that bad if you ignore the distinct smell of every exit on the Turnpike! LOL
*Subie* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #548 (permalink)

Car: 2012 OB 2.5i base+AWP 6-MT 35k mi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
Here is a suggestion.
Start a thread with the title that fits the problem like

"Unacceptable OB Wander----Alignment Specs Bad"

and have those of use add to the thread with our user names (sign up list). Beleive me Subaru reads this forum because this is the main forum in the US for the Outback. I have seen this done countless times on other auto forums and it gets results. No more complaining randomly lets do something about it as long as it doesn't violate forum rules.
Waiting on feedback on this idea
I had the same idea, maybe title it, OB Wandering: factory alignment specs # only#

We wouldn't capture all the old data from this thread, though. Maybe its better to go through this thread, capture all the actual posted factory specs, and find someone with an early post (first one, or top 3) who would be willing to edit in the information, or a link to it. That way we could build on the momentum gathering here, not dilute it, and encourage new readers to post their specs from the get go.
car history: 1969 toyota corona 1970 honda 600 car 1978 dodge p/u slant-6 1978 saab 99 EMS 1967 volvo 122 1976 bmw 2002 1968 & 1967 plymouth valiant slant-6 1995 vw golf 1997 honda odyssey 1998 mazda p/u 2005 subaru outback 2003 dodge diesel p/u 4x4 2000 vw golf TDI
DieselOx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #549 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Pearl White Limited /SAP/Moonroof+ many other goodies
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichoolas View Post
I am hoping to get a camping trip under the belt this weekend.

Spammers are picking up the pace. Reported.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #550 (permalink)

Just to add to the thread my 2010 Outback is now scheduled for the TSB update. Dealer said it would take about a week to get the parts and a couple days to perform the work. I've read through all the post here and will be curious to see, or should I say feel, the outcome. Ours has the steering wheel shimmy and bad lane wandering. We have had the car for about 2 years and the problem just keeps getting worse. My wife said going down the highway the other day she took her hands off the wheel and used her knee to to guide the car. It was wandering so bad, she could not hold the car in the lane. Dealer has verified the alignment is correct and checked RFB on the tires.

This has me very worried now as we bought our car used from a private party not a dealership. I'm very distraught about this because we love the car, its in near perfect condition and only has 28k miles on it. I'm really hoping somehow SOA will stand behind their product. This is my wifes car, daily driver, it is also our only car and now she is feeling a little skeptical about driving it.
mosawdust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: