Subaru Outback Forums banner

2011 outback - Remove all but driver's seat

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  JRW.. 
#1 ·
Is it OK to drive around with only the driver's seat in place? I have a water leak I'm trying to resolve. The carpet got soaked so I removed it to dry. Until I find the leak, I want to drive the car with only the driver's seat in place. Is that OK or is there some technical/safety issue that would make me want to install both front seats?

#2 ·
Nope, no big deal.

Clean out the A/C condensation drain hose from behind the passengers side front wheel. You can try getting something up there to clean it out, compressed air, or remove it from the vehicle and clean it out and reinstall. They're not terribly hard to get too, just annoying.

#3 ·
should have mentioned the water is on the driver's side. is it possible for AC condensate to get over to the driver's side from the air handler?

also checked the sunroof drains. those appear to be clear. water that goes in at the top exits on the exterior in the right places.

#5 ·
You'll get an airbag light when you remove the passenger's seat (as the ODS module is attached to the seat along with some other SRS components) but it should go off once you reinstall it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.