My new 2013 3.6, Some... Issues? - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shockey

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2013 Outback 3.6R Limited, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.2L
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My new 2013 3.6, Some... Issues?

Ok, Just bought a 2013 3.6R limited with many options directly from the local subaru dealership a week ago. 47k, not CPO, but I got a 4 year 40k extended B2B warranty for cheap, $100 deposit for anything. Of course it still has the 6 year 60k drive train warranty(yay).

I'm coming from a 2000 Impreza 2.2 and holy **** I'm super super happy. But.....

After driving it a bit more than test driving, I found a few things?

When going 15-35 and I press on my brakes I can feel a slight.. Feedback in the rotational feel on the drivers side through the pedal, and if I touch the frame near the pedal, it's not smooth. more like thud thud thud 1-2 times per rotation of the wheel. Not exactly audible(but can be.. slightly), but it seems to be worse at times more than others, or not be happening at all.

Also, I found when I'm going.. oh, 35+ and go over a pothole or bump (On the passenger side is all I've noticed so far). I get a fishtail in the rear jetting the cars rear end slightly to the right.

So, I called the sales rep and asked about both.

He said... the brake problem should be looked at and he didn't know.

The second problem, he said that he experienced it in his 2007 Baja, and said that it was the traction control and it was normal. I'm at work and haven't had time to turn off the TC and test it out. But I was just wondering what you all thought. I couldn't find anything on here about it besides it was either over-inflation, toe-out in the differential, or bad struts.

I'm concerned with this as I've only known the fishtailing in any other car to be an issue. But I've never had traction control, or symmetrical AWD.

Other than that, I'm stoked on the car, it's beautiful, it basically looks brand-new, smells brand-new, drives like a dream... cept these issues.. or are they?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks guys!

izzypal likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:32 PM

Car: 2013 3.6R SAP BBP Outback
I can get a slight sideways "kick" from the rear end when hitting bumps a certain way too. I put it down as normal for the mechanical/electronic systems and wouldn't worry about it unless it's so bad you think you'll lose control.

The brake feel is something to check out and I'll guess at a rough spot on the drivers side brake rotor. When they check that out, if they resurface the rotors I'll bet they are on the right track. Stick in some new pads at the same time if they are not new now. (And do your followup questions with the service dept, not the salesperson!)

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:14 AM

Car: 2013 3.6R Limited
Are you noticing these issues while driving on snow, wet roads, dry roads, all of the above?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

I didn't call the sales rep for those specific questions, I had a few others and just put those in there.... but you're right.

And the brake deal I notice anytime.

The fishtail, I didn't notice until the roads were dry, and it has to be a pretty big pothole. Not like I hit big pot holes on purpose or anything so I think that's why I didn't notice it for a week. I don't notice it over railroad tracks or anything.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:38 PM

Car: 2013 3.6R Limited
Get your brakes checked. As previously mentioned, you may have a rotor issue or a sticking/dragging caliper. If the dealership won't do it for free, any Midas location will....
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:48 PM

Car: 2011 Outback 2.5i premium, 2017 Outback 3.6r limited (ordered)
I had issues with the rear of my car feeling like it would kick out if I hit a bump going highway speeds. Replaced the stock rear sway bar with a 20mm rear sway bar and that decreased that feeling substantially.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Cool, yeah I may do that. There are quite a few things I want to change, the lack of excess money just doesn't always agree. I just need to drive around for a bit without traction control on to see if it still does it.

And thanks guys for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: