Any second owners with a shaker? - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car: 2012 Legacy Prem, AWP, CVT, Moonroof, Ice Silver
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Any second owners with a shaker?

Are there any drawbacks to being the second owner of a shaker? For instance: original owner doesn't want the hassle of rectifying the problem and trades it with low miles. I know Lemon Laws only apply to the original owner. However, does Subaru give the same attention to second owners as they do the original owners as long as it's under warranty? Would Subaru still go through the shaker TSB's with the second owner?

Honestly, my real issue has to do with color. I want silver. But I really like the old Steel Silver MUCH better than the new Ice Silver. I must admit though, I haven't seen the Ice Silver in person.

So, do I purchase a 2012 Ice Silver that I'm not crazy about the color and be content that all of the 'problems' are fixed. Or, do I get a 2010 or 2011 in the Steel Silver that I really like and 1) hope it's not a shaker or 2) hope that Subaru will try to rectify any shaker issues.

Ideas, thoughts or suggestions?
unique is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl

IOW, you’d rather have a shaker in the color you want (and pay full price).
TSBs are performed in relation to factory warranty, ymmv regardless of lemon law.
GasGuzz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 2011 OB 2.5i Ltd, Graphite Gray

The consensus on the shaker subforum is that SOA seems to have solved the shaker problem with cars built on or after Feb/March 2011. If you really want the steel silver that badly, try to find a 2011 with a build date after that and you should be fine. The build date is located on a panel inside the driver's door frame.
Upgrades (Self-installed): Kenwood DNX-8120 | Heavy Duty Cargo Basket | 19mm RSB | Hood Protector/Deflector | 110V Power Outlet | Interior Illumination Kit & LED Lighting | Aux USB input | DRL Override Switch
mcaurilio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: