cargo nets for 2012 OB - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default cargo nets for 2012 OB

hope everyone had a good tgiving. i cant wait for it to snow to test out the OB. so i didnt get cargo nets when i got my 2012 OB and now im looking for a place to get them. do yall suggest getting them from the dealer or just getting them online? i found a place that has the 2 side nets, rear net and rear seat net for about 100 shipped. is that a good price?

thanks!!
jsy1009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Outback and Legacy 2.5i Premium w/ All Weather Package

https://www.subaruonlineparts.com/pr...5ae50addc1e2ec

Nick
NickH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Outback Limited 3.6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsy1009 View Post
hope everyone had a good tgiving. i cant wait for it to snow to test out the OB. so i didnt get cargo nets when i got my 2012 OB and now im looking for a place to get them. do yall suggest getting them from the dealer or just getting them online? i found a place that has the 2 side nets, rear net and rear seat net for about 100 shipped. is that a good price?

thanks!!
I would take the online price to your dealer and ask if they will match it. Remember to calculate the shipping charges the online retailer will charge. You'll be saving that money when you buy local and getting instant gratification.
gdiener is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 2012 2.5i Premium 6MT

I fond what seems to be an identical cargo net at Autozone for $13.00. The anchors are stick-on rather than screw-on, but I'm going to find some mollies or toggle bolts to fix them more securely.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car: 2012 Outback Premium 2.5i AWP, 19mmRSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickH View Post
I got the side cargo nets and the rear seat back cargo nets from here and they went it easy and are the exact same (OEM) as the one rear cargo net that came with her. I also got some other accessories from there and the prices are very competitive.
MSU_Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

that's the site i was looking at..thanks for all the advice! i'll try the dealer first because they were so nice, i feel like i should give them a chance to get my business.

believe it or not, they ordered my car and did all the plates/registration without taking a penny of deposit from me!! totally new car buying experience for me...
jsy1009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2011, 08:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Car: 2012 outback limited

The nets are hooked on the bottoms, and a elastic loop on tops. Side nets use two top loops, and come with four "loop knobs", to install. Once the four knobs are installed, they are the same for the other nets. (well sure on the sides and rear) The rear net comes with two "loop knobs". Guessing the back seat net is the same. Purchase the side nets, then any similiar big net, likely will use the same "loop knobs", to mount. Or purchase the rear net and backseat net, and buy other side net brand. When installing, do not press slow with drill for holes, it makes a mess. Apply pressure and let up before punching through; this goes through is almost a second, compared to about ten seconds drilling slowly and leaving a big mess of tiny plastic chips. Static cling on all the little chip pieces is tough to vaccum up too.
go12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: