2012 Nav System stinks - Page 4 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #31 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

O bought OB'12 with NAV, version 4.1 in March 2012. Two weeks later I found out that Kenwood released DVD discs version 5.0 in February 2012 (86283AJ08A). It would be fair to get the version 5.0 when buying new car in March (or at least to get discs for free later) instead of bundling the old ones.
Subaru OB'12 NAV is probably the worst GPS system I've ever seen (together with hissing "premium" audio system which drives me crazy).
rafkin98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #32 (permalink)

Car: 2012 Outback 3.6R

buy a map?
skeetjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #33 (permalink)

i have a new in box sealed magellan roadmate 2035 for sale. if anyone is interested contact me.
IC0N0CLAST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #34 (permalink)

Car: 2012 2.5i Limited with Wheel Arch Moldings, Interior illumination kit, rear bumper underguard, rear bumper cover, side molding kit, splash guards, moon roof + Nav system, 110V outlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafkin98 View Post
O bought OB'12 with NAV, version 4.1 in March 2012. Two weeks later I found out that Kenwood released DVD discs version 5.0 in February 2012
Must be the manufacture date on your vehicle. Mine was ordered from the factory with a 2/12 build date and it came with version 5.0 installed.
Trainman37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #35 (permalink)

Location: The dry side of the blood brain barrier in SW Idaho
Car: TWO 2010 2.5CVT Premiums for daughters, 2012 3.6R limited for me:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafkin98 View Post
O bought OB'12 with NAV, version 4.1 in March 2012. Two weeks later I found out that Kenwood released DVD discs version 5.0 in February 2012 (86283AJ08A). It would be fair to get the version 5.0 when buying new car in March (or at least to get discs for free later) instead of bundling the old ones.
Subaru OB'12 NAV is probably the worst GPS system I've ever seen (together with hissing "premium" audio system which drives me crazy).
Contact Subaru corporate. Explain your situation. They will probably send the version 5.0 to you for no cost.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #36 (permalink)

Nope. It is not a Subaru Part it is from Kenwood. You have to go through your dealer. Dealer will have to file a 'Claim' and then SOA may or may not 'Good Will' the claim. If approved the dealer will then have to order it from Kenwood and they would get reimbursed from Subaru. You would then see it three weeks or so later. It is on a case-by-case basis and it is not guaranteed. You have a better shot going to your dealer and just asking them to swap it with an OB on the lot with the newer discs but that isnt very likely either since they may have the same issue with the next customer.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #37 (permalink)

Location: The dry side of the blood brain barrier in SW Idaho
Car: TWO 2010 2.5CVT Premiums for daughters, 2012 3.6R limited for me:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC0N0CLAST View Post
Nope. It is not a Subaru Part it is from Kenwood. You have to go through your dealer.
Whatever,..

I contacted Subaru, from a link on their website. Promptly received an email from SOA, and soon there after received V 5 DVD's in the mail.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #38 (permalink)

not my experience. i wound up having to buy them.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultane View Post
Whatever,..

I contacted Subaru, from a link on their website. Promptly received an email from SOA, and soon there after received V 5 DVD's in the mail.
found your post from 6 month ago.
How did v5 DVD navi worked out for you? Can you point out to bugs fixed, improvements. I've got the same issue, but it didn't bother me for a while. I'll get in touch with Subaru, but if that will not work out, in your opinion, is it worth $245 to upgrage to v5 (form 4.2 I think).
arukodanov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 08:49 PM   #40 (permalink)

I never but a car with built in Navy again. And thinking of saling my Subaru over that and the heater sucks. no heat at the floor and the dealer after checking it in the heated shop said its fine lol. well sure it blows heat when its in a 70 degree shop.
The nav will not let you type in what you need to. so we had to get out the Garmin to find a address. grrrrrrrr
rumely2540 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: