Subaru Outback Forums banner

This is my outback! There are many like it, but this one is mine!

603K views 2K replies 129 participants last post by  kevintim 
#1 ·
WITHOUT ME, MY OUTBACK IS USELESS! WITHOUT MY OUTBACK, I AM USELESS! ok, since i have no life and too much time on my hands i will keep a log of all the things i do to my outback to make it perfect for my everyday use.

painted fog light surrounds, grill, outback emblem on doors, door window trim, calipers(with g2 caliper paint, subaru stickers and clearcoat) and the stock wheels(til i got new ones)

here it was day one

parts
afe dryflow air filter
paranoid fabrications grounding kit
rally armor mud flaps
oem fender flares, hood deflector, rear bumper protector
tinted front windows
neoprene seatcovers
gt spec front and rear strut tower bars
STI 19mm rsb
R-Rev front underbody brace
17x8" +45 enkei rpf1 wheels
muteki black tuner lugnuts
235/55/17 kumho ecsta 4x tires @ 35psi
debadged rear
interior LED bulbs
angry rally pig vinyl emblem overlays
lesbaru emblem*
magnetic drain plug
advanced keys keyless ignition(needs to be hooked up)
alpine spr-60c speakers
pioneer 3-way speakers

See less See more
#2 ·
engine bay:
took it to an ORV park and popped out the fog light surround, it was laying on trail and i thought it was funny

close up of angry rally pig vinyl emblem overlay

rear view

#3 ·
i like this pic from a lapping day last year at Pacific Raceways
this is the lesbaru emblem my friends loved but my wife hated, now its on my intake snorkel

this is my last car before my little incident and i had to "part it out" and trade in for lesbaru
also blacked out headlights from IDRVSLO should be here next week

#5 ·
Bradze, car looks good. There are modders and there are non-modders. Like you, I'm the former.

I haven't done much to the Outback yet, and it kills me to drive a car that looks so.....ordinary. I did something the other week that I've never done before in my entire life. I was coming back to my car from the grocery store and tried to open the car door to a car that wasn't mine.

It was a black Outback also. My car was parked in the next aisle. I was so embarrassed and swear I need to get new wheels ASAP!!!

#1,661 ·
LOL I've done that TWICE and I only have had my car since May! Funniest thing is that I sometimes click my remote at someone else's car too.

Bradze I love those photos, esp. the ones of your OB in the rugged outdoors and having a coat of dirt like a badge of sorts. When my car gets older I will stop dashing to the carwash right away.

#6 ·
the fog light surrounds just pop off with a flat tip screwdriver, i popped em out twice from hitting stuff, was lucky to find em each time. and thanks bruce van, that is the biggest reason for me changing the outside, i hate being like every other sheep. you see another '10+ outback every 2 minutes around here, im not like everyone else. i dont like football and bacon isn't so great in my opinion. for a black car i think black wheels dont look so great, not a fan of "murdered out" its too much black, cars look best with 2 color schemes i think

#7 ·
also if you get new wheels do your research first, my new ones change the driving experience in so many ways, good for me though. i doubt you'd get shiny 22s or something like that, or maybe your a big fan of McDonalds and wanna paint it on the side;)

#9 ·
i remember about 10 years ago i was obsessed with that movie. the message on my answering machine was "****, i like you, you can come to my house and f!@k my sister." its amazing how much better cars look without front license plates. don't worry i wouldn't put on my windshield or something stupid, illegal, and unsafe like that. also i noticed you have a k&n filter, i put one in my wife's impreza, i hate it so much. ill never buy an oiled filter again. re-oiling sucks so much. put an aem in my last car and loved it, aem doesn't have an application for this car but afe does and its same thing. and where were those pictures taken? there certainly aren't mountains in america's wang

#10 ·
These pics were taken last summer in Colorado on Gothic road that leads from Crested Butte to Schofield Pass. The mountain biking there is out of this world!!! And yes, Floriduh can suck depending on where you are. Fortunately I work on the water in Florida Bay and the Everglades. No hassles there.

I never thought I'd get another K&N but it actually works well enough to give me a measurable MPG increase.:29: The trick is not to over-oil them and leave them somewhat dirty.

This post has been deleted
#23 ·
Mtn_man, I like the roof aux lights idea too. Great for prepping at night time or perhaps for driving in the "outback". I like the Rigid Industries Lights but I wish there was something available with a lower profile.

#16 ·
i guess that guy didn't notice my signature "who cares about resale value, this is an outback, not getting something else til 200k miles"
i feel i got my money's worth in modifying it to suit my taste. its 1000x better than it was when i brought it home and my wife called it a dad-mobile

"there is nothing worse than being ordinary" - american beauty

#17 ·
itll be so f'ing beat up when i trade it in, but ill have paid it off years before that date. yeah, i would rather put money towards a spec e30 racecar, but im in school right now and so i cant. this car is exactly what i want and for a total investment of $28k for all modifications and purchase price for the car i feel its totally worth it

#262 ·
Thanks for the link!

Thanks for the link! Im going to seem if he can match my emblems(red and chrome) for a decal on my steering wheel! If he can....I will be a VERY happy person! The steering wheel sign always bothered me with it not being red.

If he cant do chrome im going to get red with black stars. either way.....its going to be SWEET! :29::29::29::29:

#22 ·
^robmunach. yeah. i've never been able to save.

aeteocles the stock wheels look good, i wish i wouldn't have gotten rid of mine in case i ever have a problem and need to go to subaru but ill probably be fine. be glad you powdercoated and not just painted like i did. theyre good wheels just boat anchors.

#25 ·
this afternoon is the first time i've driven more than 6 miles since putting on that R-rev underbody brace. Wow! what a difference! it feels like a sedan now, but still rides the same. i did lose about 2" of ground clearance but i doubt ill go offroad very much anymore.

#27 ·
Aeteocles,
I bought and mounted a single 7" HID light on my rooftop cargo basket. Its pretty massive looking when I have it up and looks a bit odd and asymmetrical only having the one, but the beauty is I can just swivel it down and tuck it behind the fairing when on-road, that way it doesn't attract much attention, I don't have to keep it covered and it doesn't add any wind resistance.
Compared to other lights, it was significantly cheaper and is significantly brighter. (almost x3 the output of the - duallys?) The one light provides an additional ~3500 lumens (HID) with 'white' light projection. Basically the light output is nearly equal to that of the high beams. Its pretty amazing! Light projection is rated to travel one mile. I need to get a different sized switch because the one I got doesn't quite fit the location I am aiming to install it in but those are just details at this point. =)

#28 ·
Mtn_Man,

How did you run the power up to the roof rack where your HID light is? Where did you get your light?

Aeteocles,

I just noticed that! Thanks, this may be a great choice for hiding the LEDs within the grill.

#30 ·
I ran the wiring from the battery through the firewall to my switch, and from the switch ran my lead back through the firewall around the engine bay and then up the side of the windshield to the rack/light. Its pretty low profile and is tucked away enough.

#29 ·
this is what it looks like, green was just prototype, its grey. just looks kinda funny from the side but only if your low to the ground, will take a pic tomorrow

#33 ·
i dont know how so i just took it out. as soon as my headlights get here i wanna put that as my sig pic. they were supposed to have shipped today, but i dont think they did, im getting very annoyed. i placed the order december 20th, i understand he got really held up cuz of the post office, or UPS, but this waiting is driving me crazy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.