Special Appearance Package --- Keyless Access - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Location: Sometimes in Colorado - Sometimes in Pennsylvania - Snowbird with bad sense of direction & humor
Car: 2014 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT - Graphite ---- 'Rehomed' 2012 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT - Deep Indigo Pearl - Could be a Black Bumper Masonite car ---- "RIP" 2010 Outback - 2.5 CVT - Silver - So's my hair - what's left.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Special Appearance Package --- Keyless Access

Special Appearance Package3
17-inch alloy wheels, gray with machined finish, gray finish exterior door handles, side mirrors with integrated turn signals, and grille, keyless access and start, matte finish interior wood accent trim, and 10-way power driver's seat with two position memory feature

Anyone have it?

Any problems?

Does the system make you carry a 'key' or can it be programed to your cell-phone via bluetooth?
Ali_pine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback 2.5i Limited w/SAP

I've had mine about 3 weeks now. Love everything about the SAP package. At first the keyless entry & start got some getting used to, but now, I wouldn't want a car unless it had it. It's a blessing not having to dig through your pockets or a briefcase/backpack to get to your keys.
Don't know about the cell-phone possibility. The Key for the Subaru, does have a mechanical key inside the key housing for locking and unlocking the glove box & can be used to lock or unlock the drivers door.
mlwagner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: '15 FXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_pine View Post

Does the system make you carry a 'key' or can it be programed to your cell-phone via bluetooth?
That would be very cool but I do not know of a manufacture that does that yet. Part of the problem with the idea is security and developing the program in the phone. Shoot we can't even get the head unit to download our contacts yet except one by one. Subaru is slightly behind the pack when it comes to tech stuff (yea I know eyesight is new, but Bluetooth was in cars for a few years before Subaru even offered it).

Common sense, isn't common.
Novablue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl

There’s also the memo from Legal to Electronics, “Open source BT stereo won’t kill anyone”.
GasGuzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Brilliant Brown Pearl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlwagner View Post
I've had mine about 3 weeks now. Love everything about the SAP package. At first the keyless entry & start got some getting used to, but now, I wouldn't want a car unless it had it. It's a blessing not having to dig through your pockets or a briefcase/backpack to get to your keys.
Don't know about the cell-phone possibility. The Key for the Subaru, does have a mechanical key inside the key housing for locking and unlocking the glove box & can be used to lock or unlock the drivers door.
What color did you get? Do you like the brown leather? My husband and I are trying to decide between a 2.5i Limited with the SAP package and 2.5i Premium. I so want the limited and am trying to persuade him to my side of the fence.
SubySoCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback 2.5i Limited w/SAP

I got the black. It looks great. I know it's going to be hard to keep it looking good. But I've had black cars since 1993 & nothing looks as good when they are clean. The black was the only color they had that ad the SAP. They did not have a brown one for me to consider.Novablue - don't know what the problem is, but I have an iPhone. All of my contacts downloaded with no problem. The bluetooth sync has worked flawlessly.
mlwagner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novablue View Post
Shoot we can't even get the head unit to download our contacts yet except one by one.
My SAP model downloaded all my contacts just fine. This is my first Subaru, but I think the 2013 models have a different head unit than the earlier cars (or maybe it's just the SAP models that have a different head unit?). Mine doesn't appear to use DVD's for its maps, and it also doesn't lock me out when I'm moving.
mparker762 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Car: 2013 outback SAP

I have a black SAP and love it.

The key feature does require you to have the key. It detects is you are at the driver or passenger door, at the tailgate or in the seat.

This allows you to open just the tailgate, just the driver door, or if you touch the passenger handle, all the doors.

I like the push button start, and the keyless entry is great when your hands are full. I have two little boys and this makes life easier.
BKGarrison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback 3.6R. BBP w/ SAP

OK...I have my OB with SAP now. ABout the keyless access..

1. Is there a way to lock it when you get out with out hitting a button on the key fob?
2. What is the button on the outside handle for?

-Thanks
Hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammondc View Post
OK...I have my OB with SAP now. ABout the keyless access..

1. Is there a way to lock it when you get out with out hitting a button on the key fob?
Hit the little button on the outside handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammondc View Post
2. What is the button on the outside handle for?
Touching the handle is what actually triggers the car to unlock the door, while touching the button locks the doors. The manual mentions that it's possible to set up the car to unlock all the doors, not just yours, and it's also apparently possible to set it up automatically lock them when you walk away. According to the manual these are dealer-configured options, which probably means it needs an OBD-II system to set, or there's some sort of Konami code you can enter with the switchgear to access that screen.
mparker762 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: