eyesight reviews - Page 10 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #91 (permalink)

Car: 2006 Outback LL Bean with a 2013 3.6R Limited ordered w/eyesight
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I posted about Eyesight saving me from hitting a deer, thought you might like to see my first snow for Subaru.
Poohbaru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #92 (permalink)

Car: 2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbaru View Post
I posted about Eyesight saving me from hitting a deer, thought you might like to see my first snow for Subaru.
Very nice, Poohbaru! It looks good with a little snow on
Aoeifa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #93 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Limited w/EyeSight

I've probably posted similar in the past.

This ends my 6th month with EyeSight. The longer I've had the car, the more I'm glad my wife wanted it.

We never fooled ourselves that it could be super man, but we did have a family member killed by another driver's mistake in 2010 so that experience influenced our decision.

I was also rear ended this past summer in a scenario I know would not have happened with EyeSight. That was somebody looking at their phone instead of ahead when the light turned red.

At 6 months of use there have been times when it hit the brakes in circumstances one could easily mess up.

Forget about safety and then you have convenience. The adaptive cruise really comes in handy in stop and go traffic or when freeways are at high capacity.
imwjl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #94 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback 2.5i CVT Limited, Nav+EyeSight

I just wanted to jump back in this thread and give an update now that I've had it for a few months. It's still amazing.

The only things it doesn't do well with:
  • At low speeds if the car in front of you turns, eyesight will long-beep and give up on you. From a design standpoint, that makes sense. At high speeds that doesn't happen, or you'd have issues with lane changes.
  • In bright sunlight or when the window is foggy/icy, eyesight is disabled. It's very clear when this happens, though, so it won't be a surprise.
  • The beep volume is not adaptive. So if you are on the highway and/or have the music loud, you won't hear it. I kind of wish it would interrupt the music, but I guess that would get annoying fast, since it beeps whenever it gets a new car to follow in cruise.
On at least a few occasions, it's noticed something before I did. I don't know that it has prevented any accidents, yet, but it was definitely ready to take action if I didn't.
Se7enLC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #95 (permalink)

Default Anyone regret Eyesight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enLC View Post
I just wanted to jump back in this thread and give an update now that I've had it for a few months. It's still amazing.
Thanks to all of you who have been posting here. I'm pretty much set on a 2014 Forester Touring, so your input on getting the Eyesight option is very helpful.
Mad Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #96 (permalink)

Default EZ-Pass Transponder and Repellent Coatings

I have ordered a new Forester w/ EyeSight which won't come in for a month or so yet but I have a couple questions about the EyeSight feature. I've seen both in the owners manual and in Subaru's Drive magazine that it mentions that one can not use repellent windshield coatings.
Doing a forum search turns up one mention of Rain-X washer fluid with no ill effect but does anyone else have experience with EyeSight and having either Rain-X or Aquapel applied?
Also, has anyone found a placement for an EZ-Pass transponder that does not interfere with the camera's vision?
Thanks for any information you can provide.
n3ykr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #97 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3ykr View Post
I have ordered a new Forester w/ EyeSight which won't come in for a month or so yet but I have a couple questions about the EyeSight feature. I've seen both in the owners manual and in Subaru's Drive magazine that it mentions that one can not use repellent windshield coatings.
Doing a forum search turns up one mention of Rain-X washer fluid with no ill effect but does anyone else have experience with EyeSight and having either Rain-X or Aquapel applied?
Also, has anyone found a placement for an EZ-Pass transponder that does not interfere with the camera's vision?
Thanks for any information you can provide.
Before I get started, I wanted to mention that the notification beeps (mentioned a couple posts up) for ES are changeable. Use the menu options on the bottom left of your steering wheel to change them.

Anyway. I think that the thought on repellent windshield coatings would probably have more to do with possible glare disrupting ES (perhaps at night?). Personally, I'll never use RainX again. I hate brand new wipers that chatter because of it.

As for EZ-Pass, I don't have one. But I see people put them in the far far upper corner of the windshield and I don't suspect that would pose a problem for ES. I quite often have a RADAR detector directly under the rear view mirror and ES doesn't care about it there.
Tom28 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #98 (permalink)

I've had my 2014 Outback for a few weeks now and have been very impressed with the eye-sight feature. The adaptive cruise is awesome!
mwholmes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #99 (permalink)

I just bought the 2014 Outback V6 Limited with Eyesight and I was wondering if you knew if Subaru makes "covers" for the Eyesight. Good thing to have when you are spraying the inside of your front window with Windex. Thanks. Tony1234
Tony1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #100 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1234 View Post
I just bought the 2014 Outback V6 Limited with Eyesight and I was wondering if you knew if Subaru makes "covers" for the Eyesight. Good thing to have when you are spraying the inside of your front window with Windex. Thanks. Tony1234
Your engine is not a V6. It is an H6.

To my knowledge there are no covers. I've heard that folks will take rubber bands and some seran wrap and cover them.

If you go by the book, it tells you not to spray the windshield. Spray your cloth and then wipe. Which is what I do and it works fine.
Tom28 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: