2014 Forester Revealed - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #21 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Outback Premium CVT, AWP, Steel Silver
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by awd-gg View Post
doesn't the current Forester XT (2.5 with a turbo) get ~250 HP too!
I would say it the new 2.0 DI turbo get the same HP, that pretty good!
wonder if the MPG improves?
I thought the current Turbo Forester got in the 220hp range?
Not sure though and I can't be arsed to go look.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
pgh

Car: 2010 outback. base 2.5

Current Fonz turbo is the old WRX engine good for 224 hp. I think the engine won some awards a while back. The problem with the CrossTrek is it is underpowered. The 2.0 FB while adequate in the Impreza struggles in the XV IMO.
pgh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #23 (permalink)

Car: '11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT

No manual in the XT? Are they going to continue the no option manual trend? You can't even get a sunroof in a 2013 XV MT

It looks alot better than the "spy shots", but I'm still not digging the maintstream styling. An improvment over the previous gen no doubt, but I still prefer the Gen 1 & 2 boxy look. Although I'm guessing it's not the best for fuel efficiency.
vr4Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #24 (permalink)

Car: 2008 Subaru Outback PZEV
Send a message via Yahoo to priyadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr4Legacy View Post
An improvment over the previous gen no doubt, but I still prefer the Gen 1 & 2 boxy look. Although I'm guessing it's not the best for fuel efficiency.
Yes, the boxy style translates into higher drag coefficient and a poor fuel economy and a more streamlined body profile translates into a lower drag coefficient and a better fuel economy which is the current trend.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #25 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth

I like it, but I would not expect it to be much different inside than the XV Crosstrek. It says its bigger than the 2013 Forester, but hopefully not too much bigger as it would steal Outback owners away
hiker74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #26 (permalink)

Car: 2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker74 View Post
I like it, but I would not expect it to be much different inside than the XV Crosstrek. It says its bigger than the 2013 Forester, but hopefully not too much bigger as it would steal Outback owners away
Subaru is developing a lot of cross over in its product lines. I'm going to be very curious to see MPG numbers on the 2.5 CVT vs the Crosstek 2.0 CVT. I for one don't see the point of the Crosstek considering they're all from the Impreza platform but thats just me. Ideally Subaru can fix and or replace the Tribeca in the next 5 years as we'll probably have our 3rd kid in that time.
foxrider68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth

I like the XV Crosstrek. If I had the cash thats probably what I would get to go in our driveway along side our outback. It would be interesting if they built the WRX with that body config and over 350HP. They will need 350+ to compete with the next Lancer Evo
Old 11-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
I like the XV Crosstrek. If I had the cash thats probably what I would get to go in our driveway along side our outback. It would be interesting if they built the WRX with that body config and over 350HP. They will need 350+ to compete with the next Lancer Evo
If we end up dumping the Sequoia due to a lack of use I could see my self picking up a slightly used white - XV for my beater weekend car - doing quick weekend camping trips with the guys - or my Son and the daily around town beater. Couple of the Daycare dads have picked up basic Jeeps in the past few months with plans on doing fast weekend trips to go hiking or fishing etc - the XV would be far FAR more efficient - quieter - cheaper and more enjoyable to ride in than the Jeep. And it would be just as dirt road ABLE as the stock Jeeps these guys are driving with no additional off road gear. LOL

Even the basic Impreza 5door would probably be just fine - though I would be tempted to get that one in the MT version given it would be more fun on the road than the XV regarding handling.
subiesailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #29 (permalink)

Car: '11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT

Quote:
They will need 350+ to compete with the next Lancer Evo
Last I heard Mitsu was dropping the EVO (and eventually all gas engines) in pursuit of electric vehicles. Now an all electric EVO, something similar to the Tesla... that would be tough to beat

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X: End of the Line?

Considering their current sales volumes, trying to get ahead of the next niche market sounds like a good business plan IMO.
vr4Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr4Legacy View Post
Last I heard Mitsu was dropping the EVO (and eventually all gas engines) in pursuit of electric vehicles. Now an all electric EVO, something similar to the Tesla... that would be tough to beat

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X: End of the Line?

Considering their current sales volumes, trying to get ahead of the next niche market sounds like a good business plan IMO.
Maybe if they go with 4 EA large brushless motors for an all wheel drive 4 motor screamer?

http://www.treehugger.com/cars/elect...ts-wheels.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: