anyone mod'ing their 2013 - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Car: 2005 Baja
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxrider68 View Post
You've got it right. The 19mm upgrade is very nice and balances the car and makes it great in the corners. Very slight increase in ride harshness but its minimal and worth the upgrade. It also handles high winds better with the 19mm as well. No idea on the STI shifter knob.
Isn't that STI 19 mm sway from some earlier/different Subaru models?
jogosub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #12 (permalink)

Car: '13 Outback 3.6R SAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDod View Post
My understanding is that the '13 has a larger sway than the 10-12's. What are the size differences?

Also Does the STI shifter fit the '13 I did not see it in the list of options.
2013 has a larger front sway bar, but the rear remained the same and still benefits from the 19mm upgrade.

I believe the 2013 front sway went from 24mm to 26mm. AFAIK noone here has upgraded a 2010-12 front sway to the 2013 version.
2013 Volvo C70 Retractable Hardtop Convertible - Wife's DD
1964 Corvair Spyder (Factory turbo) Convertible - Rotisserie restoration in progress
Prior cars: 2012 Outback, Ford Flex, Porsche 911SC, Volvo V40, Various Saabs 900(2)/9000(2)/9-3(1), VW GTI
Nickshu is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #13 (permalink)

Car: 2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickshu View Post
2013 has a larger front sway bar, but the rear remained the same and still benefits from the 19mm upgrade.

I believe the 2013 front sway went from 24mm to 26mm. AFAIK noone here has upgraded a 2010-12 front sway to the 2013 version.
FSB is 26mm and rear is 16mm. this is a +2 +1 increase from prior years. The 19mm is the stock STI sway bar so its still a Subaru part. I also think thats one of the reasons the car responds so well to it. These platforms share a lot of parts and why Subaru says their rally heritage is so important. I'm not saying the Outback will drive like the STI but if you push it in some turns, especially on gravel, with the 19mm you'll smile
foxrider68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Satin White 2.5 Limited w SAP, Puddle Lights, Rear Seat Back Protector
Smile

Quote:
FSB is 26mm and rear is 16mm. this is a +2 +1 increase from prior years. The 19mm is the stock STI sway bar so its still a Subaru part. I also think thats one of the reasons the car responds so well to it. These platforms share a lot of parts and why Subaru says their rally heritage is so important. I'm not saying the Outback will drive like the STI but if you push it in some turns, especially on gravel, with the 19mm you'll smile
I can't wait to get mine on Tuesday and check it out. This will be a stealth install to see if my wife notices, as it's her car.
oldboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

Car: 2005 Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldboy View Post
I can't wait to get mine on Tuesday and check it out. This will be a stealth install to see if my wife notices, as it's her car.
Sold! I just ordered one!
jogosub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Car: 2013 2.5i Premium M6, 19mm,

Good info here, I live at about 6000 feet and drive mostly mountain roads. (I don't slow much for the corners), so first fix is the sway.
also according to SubaruOnlineParts.com the sti shifter fits the 2013
JimDod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Satin White 2.5 Limited w SAP, Puddle Lights, Rear Seat Back Protector

Quote:
You've got it right. The 19mm upgrade is very nice and balances the car and makes it great in the corners. Very slight increase in ride harshness but its minimal and worth the upgrade. It also handles high winds better with the 19mm as well. No idea on the STI shifter knob.
Finally got a quite moment with my wifes Outback today and did my stealth install. Foxrider, your description is spot on. Really perked up the handling. This is a really great improvement for the price. It was harder to get the stickers off the bar than to do the install.

Now, to see if she notices ...
oldboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Subie 3.6R Limited 2013 Cmax e=nergi PHEV

lets you get out of the turns quicker and stops a bit of the float in my 11. reins in her fat fanny.

AltaBrig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #19 (permalink)

Car: 2011, Outback, 2.5i Premium
Default mods

i'm not sure if the new ones come with this, but the tweeter for the front dash improved my sound quality 5x! sway bar i did feel a difference. +1 for plasti dips, i did my wheels and all the chrome pieces around the car. I painted my calipers, cheap/looks good/prevents future rust. Cargo plastic covers for the back of the seats (i have dogs this is great). when i placed my order from the onlineparts store i also got all my filters (oil/cabin/engine) since i was paying shipping anyway. All weather mats for me as well, i got oem but i hear weather tech is the way to go.
stewart.dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

Car: Subaru Outback Premium 2012

Anyone ever drove from South Lake Tahoe to Sacramento?

I did last night and there are snow both sides of the road. I don't think the 2013 needs the 19mm upgrade. It was an awesome drive.

Still better to upgrade though, i think.

can anyone give me a link to where you got the STI 19mm?
subarubong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: