New Magnaflow Exhaust! - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Outback 3.6 Limited, Graphite Gray Metallic/Off Black Leather------ 2010 Tribeca 3.6 Limited, Sky Blue Metallic/Slate Gray Leather
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to scots11
Default New Magnaflow Exhaust!

--- MAGNAFLOW 40 SERIES DUAL EXHAUST ----
I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my exhaust on my 2011 3.6 Limited. I removed everything from the catalytic converters back. I replaced the catalytic converters with high flow cats. I upgraded the pipes to 2.5" and removed the resonator (the big box right in the middle of the car). I now have dual Magnaflow 40 Series mufflers in place of the stock. The sound is much much better and it definitely freed up some HP that the stock exhaust was holding back. My average MPG has increased slightly as well. I've included a sound clip/video below. I would definitely recommend listening to the video with some headphones or anything other than phone speakers or computer speakers so you can get the most accurate sound.
My Outback has 57k miles so I went ahead and got the 60k mile recommended service which included:...
- Oil change (synthetic) and filter
- New plugs
- New belt and belt tensioner
- Fuel system cleaning
- Cooling system flush and new coolant
- Brake fluid flush and brake fluid replacement
- New air filters all around
- I also went ahead and Seafoamed my engine after the service just for peace of mind
and to clean out any deposits which may have been left behind and judging by the smoke
show I got it was apparently ALOT!!
- I got new tires
- And to top it off I replaced the entire exhaust system.
I've included a video so you can get an idea of what it sounds like. It's about 10 minutes so I've included certain points in the video where you can hear it if you don't feel like sitting through it.

2:50 3:20 3:50 4:25 4:45 5:30 6:00 6:20 6:45 7:35 8:00 8:25

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I have. Please let me know what you think. Till next time....

2011 Outback 3.6 Limited. Cold air intake, 20% tints, lamin-x smoked tail light covers, lamin-x yellow fog light covers, GT Spec front strut brace, Brushed aluminum interior trim, Upgraded rear sway bar, 3A racing exhaust tips, Bumper cover, puddle lights, hood protector,
scots11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Subie 3.6R Limited 2013 Cmax e=nergi PHEV
Default $?

Cool upgrade. Thanks for posting. If you don't mind the question. How much was the exhaust job and do you still have the 3a tips on? DIY exhaust?

How much is the dealer charging for the 3.6 spark plug job? Look forward to hearing your vid later.

AltaBrig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Outback 3.6 Limited, Graphite Gray Metallic/Off Black Leather------ 2010 Tribeca 3.6 Limited, Sky Blue Metallic/Slate Gray Leather
Send a message via Skype™ to scots11

The exhaust shop charged $500 for everything and it took about 4 hours. The 3A tips are still on. They are sold at Advanced Auto or Pep Boys and just screw on using a clamp but I had the exhaust shop just weld it to the Magnaflow mufflers and they're in the exact same place as they were when I clamped them on the factory mufflers. As far as the dealer.... they charged $650 for everything I listed above. I actually feel like it runs better now than when I bought it brand new. The 60k service made a huge difference.

2011 Outback 3.6 Limited. Cold air intake, 20% tints, lamin-x smoked tail light covers, lamin-x yellow fog light covers, GT Spec front strut brace, Brushed aluminum interior trim, Upgraded rear sway bar, 3A racing exhaust tips, Bumper cover, puddle lights, hood protector,
scots11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 05 Xt avo/fortified auto trans

I think it sounds great. It's refined and German sounding. Far different than an Xt with exhaust. Thumbs up!
dryvby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Subie 3.6R Limited 2013 Cmax e=nergi PHEV

Doesn't sound like the outback pancake I am used too. "Sounds like" the engine is higher output now. I expect to hear that from maybe an 912 or an old 911. Sounds good. Thanks for the time points on your vid and the cost information.

AltaBrig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: