cold in my outback !!! - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default cold in my outback !!!

hello to all,

wondering if anyone else has this problem with heat regluation. when i start my outback in the cold once the engine is warm the heat will blow on high until it reaches the temp I have set and it's nice and warm and the blower will slow down.

Here is were the problem comes in. once the temp falls below the temp i have set it never regluates back to the temp i have set, the blower always stays on low. the back seat is freezing unless I manaually kick up the temp to 78 or so. seems the vents in the center console are always cold, so we have shut them off.

finally took to the dealer, the service guy said everything is in specs, but did admit he has others bring in their outback of this too. he also took it for a test ride and once it hit 70 he put down the windows and sure enough it never did regluate back to 70

said looks like the temp is off by a few degrees do to being located too close to the gps & stereo and that is giving off heat which in turn is messing with the inside temp....

said only thing to do is make sure the sensor is clean and manually kick up the temp a few degrees.

so tell me all you outback drivers, am i truly the only one with this problem? because this does not seem right to me. the tech said he did a bulletin search and found notta...

thanks in advance for your input!!!
jackzack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 2006 Outback XT Limited

I don't have that problem. Mine has the dual zone automatic HVAC. Is yours the single zone or dual? What year is the car?
rasterman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

mine has the same it's a 2013 top of the line with special apperance package
jackzack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 2013 OB 3.6R Limited, Black Silica

Mines working hard here as it is really cold! but the temp definately seems to work fine. On full auto, the fan+heat is on high until temp is reached then it slows down. If I open the window the fan kicks back up to maintain tempurature and stays that way till window closed and back up to temp. It may have something to do the the tempurature variance though, it was -20 on my drive to work this morning so opening window is a pretty extreme temp drop. maybe it doesn't react to smaller changes very well.
benamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car: White 2011 Outback 3.6 R Limited

Underneath the steering-wheel is a panel with some slits in it near the center console. This is the air temp sampling intake. If the tube is disconnected from these slits the tube could suck in the warmer air from the console rather than the interior of the car.
I took that panel off one time in my OB, and noticed this contraption and know from other vehicles that this could be an issue in the automatic HVAC system.
YMMV

Mods; King springs, hood deflector, window vents, 2" Hidden Hitch, transmission oil cooler, seat-covers, Tanabe strut bar, 19 MM RSB, Primitive skid plates, K&N air filter, tinted windows, blacked out foglight surrounds, Wheel arch moldings.
OutbackUFO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Limited w/EyeSight

Mine's the 3rd car I've had with automatic climate control that has required manual mode at times. It seems to me you need a system like with vents to back or my last car and our van that had/have two systems if you want the ultimate.
imwjl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: