Car Seat Inventory - Page 4 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #31 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

We have two Britax Boulevard 70's. One is a 2009 model and the order a 2011. We like the Britax product. They are USA made and are worth the extra money. I did a lot of research pror to purchasing. Both units are forward facing at this time. Convertible seats while they have the capability to be rearward facing its really difficult to get the babies in an out and they dont seem to be "designed" to be rearward facing even though they truly are. As for pumpkin seats we had the Chiccco Keyfit 30. It was a great unit for our son and daughter. My advice would be to get the pumpkin seat Chicco Keyfit unit, but keep it in the car and carry your baby in a sling, not in the pumpkin seat as no matter how buff you are those things are brutal on your back and frame in general. Oone thing AI will say is that with two there is no more room in the back of the outback. We think that once we can move one child to a booster we will gain a seat for an additional passenger!
hiker74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #32 (permalink)

Car: 2012 Outback 2.5i CVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
Thanks! Was there a reason why you elected the outboard (passenger-side) seat versus the middle?
Sorry I am just now answering this. We changed to an outboard (passenger's side) seat position when we got the new convertible seat for three reasons. 1. You have to strap the kid in with the seat in the car. This is hard when the seat is located in the middle because you have to try and lift the kid across your car and reach all the way in to buckle up. 2. It gives people more room on the driver's side rear position which is nice from a comfort standpoint. 3. We can fold the seat down on the driver's side for a little added room.
vtmecheng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #33 (permalink)

We run center and driver side for our two kids primarily because Dad is the daily day care hauler. If mom did the every day pick up and drop off we would have the seats sitting left and right and not center due to the difficulty of hoisting a kid into the center spot. Though for me its not a big deal.

We keep the passenger side rear seat open given we haul a grand parent several times a week which case we fit two kids two parents and a grand parent in the car enough to make moving a kids seat to center position more of a hassle than its worth etc.

Also we have found on car trips having that passenger side rear seat space open it works as a nice changing table if the rear hatch is packed full ie no space for a quick diaper change. Also older sister often entertains younger brother not to mention at times a parent ends up sitting back there to entertain or feed a kid etc.

The nice thing is any earlier generation Outbacks were far too narrow to fit two seats and an adult the GEN 4 is now wide enough to support this type of use- which is why we replaced our old Subaru with the Gen4 to start with we needed the rear seat room / width to use the car more effectively
subiesailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #34 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback Limited 2.5i

Awesome info in this thread. Please keep it coming (due in April). We're inheriting a less-than-one-year-old Graco Snugride 22 that my nephew just outgrew so haven't really done any research, but will probably need to get our own convertible seat for after that. Also very, very interested in strategies to keep my Limited leather looking pristine (I know, good fing luck with that, right?). Any other must have car accessories and brand/model recommendations -- mirrors, sunshades?
pokeythepenguin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #35 (permalink)

LOL my 3yr old flipped out a few days ago when her little brother got his hands on her sandwhich. Which she was eating sort of she was beyond tired and mad about something etc. Anyway upon discovering her little brother was eating her lunch she flipped out taking it to volume 11 ha ha. Then proceeded to puke all over the place. The joys of having kids.

Seat protection? We got a cheap target eddybaur kids seat pad which hangs around the head rest has a back and bottom on it with a little netted pocket on the front that hangs down the front of the seat. This goes under the kids car seat and keeps most of the kid debri or puke etc off the car seat. Most!! Not all of it.
You need to pull the car seat out once in a while and do a clean up plus check the kids seats adjust for the growing kid etc and reinstall them. Thats about all you can do.

AS for the don't feed your kid in the car rule. LOL If your active parents and you go lots of places with kids in tow - you either don't go - or the kids end up eating in the car. So your choice on that rule. Besides its a Subaru not a freaking collectors car worth big money LOL. High end custom car seats will cost you around $1300 so if kid abused seats bother you - when they get older and don't screw up seats get the seat covers replaced
Old 01-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #36 (permalink)

Car: '11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

i love the combi 360 seat that swivels. makes getting my daughter in and out of the car so simple. it will face forwards or back. could take a pic later but great car seat. target has it for $276 Combi Zeus 360 Convertible Car Seat - Licorice : Target

i have a few parts that aren't supposed to be there...

tired of a sore elbow from the hard plastic armrest? get a cover here http://www.redlinegoods.com/cgi-bin/...r&id=1&aid=774
bradze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #37 (permalink)

bradz one of the dads I see doing drop off has one in his prius. Goofy looking seat looked really pricy. Turns out he had major back issues and that seat was more or less the only way he could get the kid into and out of the car without putting him self in traction laying flat on his back.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #38 (permalink)

Car: '10 Outback 2.5i Limited

Sunshinkids Radian XTSL user here with super Latch. Great seat that is not near as bulky (can fit 3 across) as most yet consistently ranks at the very top of the list for car seats. Very easy to install. They are a narrow seat that takes up a lot less room. Downside is they are about the heaviest seat on the market. When my daughter was rear facing we used a Snugride 32.
BrianM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #39 (permalink)

My 3yr old for as long as I can recall has always loaded and unloaded the same way. I ended up with this approach after parking in tight city parking for so long where people leave little to no room to get the car door open. She puts both her arms over my one arm and I lift her in or out of the car with one arm - which allows me to stand sideways when space is tight and also door opening space is limited.

Done it that way for so long its not even a thought process - one handed unbuckle then she throws her arms over mine and I lift her out. For the center seat he's still in the snap and go type seat but almost too big for it. That is a passenger side exit opposite side from the older sister driver side exit. And is a two handed effort but at least you can get into the car and unload the kid and then squeeze out of the door vs having to get both shoulders through the door to do a two handed kid extraction or kid belting in effort.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #40 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Outback 3.6R Premium

I have a 21 month old. We started with the Graco Snugride 30 on the center rear seat using the seat belt. It was fairly easy to install and we had no issues.

When my daughter turned 1 years, we switched to the Britax Boulevard 70 RF install in the same center rear seat. In order to get a good install, I used a couple of towel underneath to get a better fit. The install was with the seat belt and the tether anchor was place on the end of the passenger seat railing.

Just last week, I changed the Britax Boulevard to front facing since my daughter getting heavier and taller. The front install was far easier to than the rear. Same install in the center seat but the tether anchor now is thru the rear gate center anchor point. One thing I have to admit, the Britax Boulevard is fairly wide so if you put it the center, it will make the outward seats feel really cramped.
namahs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: