2014 forester - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car: 2012 3.6r ltd nav/moonroof
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 2014 forester

i hope they don,t design the 2014 outback to look anything like the forester.....yuck/yuck.......front is ugly and the rear is common...i plan to trade in my 2012 for the 2014 outback,but if it looks anything like the forester...forget about it........
SOOBIE DOOBIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car: '11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT

They won't redesign the OB until 2015. They have been on a 5 year cycle for a while now.

I doubt it will look too much like the Forester, they need to keep them set apart somehow, but it will likely be influenced by the current design on mainstream cars. More than anything I look for them to offer alot more options with the limited trim to try to keep some customers looking to upgrade.
vr4Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 2014 2.5i Limited

Aerodynamics and crash testing dictate a fair amount what car look like today...I like the Forester, but I think it's more due to the utility and drivetrain than the looks.
2003 TiSport Gman, sweet Titanium XC ride.
2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer Cruiser
2012 Niner Air 9
mopartodd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOBIE DOOBIE View Post
i hope they don,t design the 2014 outback to look anything like the forester.....yuck/yuck.......front is ugly and the rear is common...i plan to trade in my 2012 for the 2014 outback,but if it looks anything like the forester...forget about it........
Just curious, it's really none of my business. As I've been on countless automotive forums, owned several cars & trucks over the span of over a decade, but what I don't understand fully is the Outback "Trade-In" phonomenon. I keep reading here where it seems like every week or so, I read where someone has traded their one or two year old Outback in for yet another? I've never seen or heard of this phonomenon with any other forum or brand of vehicle I've owned.

I thought these car where designed and known to last well over a decade and 200K+ miles or more? does something break or wear out around the one to two year mark of ownership that makes one just keep recycling perfectly good cars for yet another of the same?

Anyway, back on topic I fully agree the new Forester looks extremely ungainly in the front. I would have been the target market for the "Turbo & CVT" combination but the looks are down right dissapointing. I remember when the 2010 Outback debuted though and I said the same, the Outback has one of the ugliest front ends on a modern car but I still bought one anyway based off reccomendations, reliability, size, fuel economy and percieved re-sale value.

IMO Subaru should have already killed off the Tribeca line by now and moved the Forester up market to a 4Runner, X-Terra size & type vehicle or Highlander at the very least. It should offer a real 3rd row, low range 4WD, and possible a boxer diesel. I feel like the current Outback is filling the rugged CUV spot in the current lineup making the Forester redundant, more so now that the XV is on sale. Or perhaps Subaru will split the Outback from the Legacy chassis with the next generation and move it to a larger SUV type vehicle?

'13 Ford F-150, FX4, Super Crew, EcoBoost
Pool Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car: '13 OB 3.6R Ltd
Default ...

counter to soobie doobie, i am actually thinking about trading my '13 OB for the '14 FXT. i had an '04 FXT prior, and am thinking i like the smaller size and nimbleness of the FXT. we'll see when it becomes available and i can test drive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOBIE DOOBIE View Post
duckboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckboy View Post
counter to soobie doobie, i am actually thinking about trading my '13 OB for the '14 FXT. i had an '04 FXT prior, and am thinking i like the smaller size and nimbleness of the FXT. we'll see when it becomes available and i can test drive it.
I plan on at least test driving the Turbo/ CVT combo just out of curiosity. I hope it runs on 87 too and not premium. I definately miss the hood scoop on the current FXT. Kind of hard to tell the turbo version from the regular models on the new one.

As a '13 WRX owner, I'm also patiently waiting to see what Subaru does with the '14 WRX to see if that is worth selling my '13 model for. Truthfully the perfect car for me would be a white XV with turbo and manual transmission. IMO the XV is currently the nicest looking Subaru in the entire lineup, it's only missing a lot more power.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Car: 2012 OUTBACK 2.5 LIMITED SILVER ICE Metallic, moon and nav free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
I plan on at least test driving the Turbo/ CVT combo just out of curiosity. I hope it runs on 87 too and not premium. I definately miss the hood scoop on the current FXT. Kind of hard to tell the turbo version from the regular models on the new one.

As a '13 WRX owner, I'm also patiently waiting to see what Subaru does with the '14 WRX to see if that is worth selling my '13 model for. Truthfully the perfect car for me would be a white XV with turbo and manual transmission. IMO the XV is currently the nicest looking Subaru in the entire lineup, it's only missing a lot more power.
How can you miss that front bumper treatment??
HERS: 2011 OUTBACK LIMITED 2.5 (Traded)
2012 OUTBACK LIMITED 2.5
dboz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboz View Post
How can you miss that front bumper treatment??
It's such a snoooooooooooooozzzzzz mobile the average person couldn't tell you wich one is the turbo or the standard model. At least with the current one the hood scoop clearly lets everyone know this is the more powerful version of the car.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Pearl White Limited /SAP/Moonroof+ many other goodies
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
....., but what I don't understand fully is the Outback "Trade-In" phonomenon. I keep reading here where it seems like every week or so, I read where someone has traded their one or two year old Outback in for yet another? I've never seen or heard of this phonomenon with any other forum or brand of vehicle I've owned.
Quote:
.....As a '13 WRX owner, I'm also patiently waiting to see what Subaru does with the '14 WRX to see if that is worth selling my '13 model for.......

?????? I don't fully understand either.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback, E93 and E36 BMWs

I am buying an OB or now checking out the 14 Forester in a few months when the 14 OB comes out. I could care less about looks of the Forester because it looks good enough. I love our OB and plan to sell my M3 and buy a new OB or Forester with turbo once they come out. Either the 3.6L OB or the turbo Forester will work for us. I have the opporunity to drive a 12 Forester and it is nice ride but nothing as nice as our OB however the Forester in 14 is to be seen.
What a couple of nice choices. Oh and saw the Sante Fe Sport that Hyundia has which is also a nice ride...decisions decisions...
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: