Any 2010's with 100k - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-15-2013, 03:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

Car: Outback boxer diesel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default +100k diesel

doesn't know if this helps much. But my diesel manual has now 180000km (so plus 100000 miles).
2 problems/issues so far. DPF filter had to be cleaned at 130000km and airco failure at 160000km.
Car has cost me till now(write off included) 0.25 eurocents/km (I've managed 150000km on my first brake pads!). Compared to my previous BMW 320xd that's about 2/3 of running costs.
Will order a new CVT diesel when available in europe.
Only thing that's more expensive then my BMW are tires. I need to replace all 4 every 60000km (BMW 90000km).
fre1976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

Car: '11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

leather SUCKS!!! get neoprene, far, far superior. cheaper too. my wife's impreza has leather seats, ive had a few cars with leather, never again. i hate it so much.

i have a few parts that aren't supposed to be there...

tired of a sore elbow from the hard plastic armrest? get a cover here http://www.redlinegoods.com/cgi-bin/...r&id=1&aid=774
bradze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Car: '07 OBXT Ltd. 5EAT, Charcoal Gray; '70 Chevy K10 4X4, 396c.i., lifted; '63 Pontiac Tempest, 326c.i.

I don't have a 2010+, but may be able to provide a little insight....since I have the XT, I SHOULD be having more problems than the standard 2.5i, yet I haven't seen a drawback yet, and I just passed the 102K mile mark on my 2007. The entire car is tight as a button, no leaks or problems to speak of. Granted, I'm good to all of my vehicles, but I still drive them somewhat more "spirited-ly."

Last weekend, i took care of the timing belt. Since I did it myself, the parts cost me roughly $500 (new belt, tensioners, pulleys, new water pump, and new (upgraded) oil pump from 2008 Sti.) The job took me 12 hours, but if I did it again, I'm sure I can do it in under 6 with the knowledge I have now. The pumps did not NEED to be replaced (and actually looked surprisingly good for 100K miles.) If you don't do the job yourself, (don't quote me on this) but I think the job books for 4 - 5 hours, and shop rates are anywhere from $80/hour if you're somewhere like ID or MT to $125/hour for parts of WA or CA (for instance).

Everything else should be roughly the same on serviceability costs between our vehicles, so I won't go into any more detail. Not sure if this was some of the specific information you were looking for on an Outback with 100K+ miles.
ChromeDomeAl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

I think we are at around 48K on the 2010 OB and around 45K on the Legacy. Both are doing great zero issues. I think there was one 2010 poster a while back talking about tires that had 110K on his 2010.
subiesailor is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
pgh

Car: 2010 outback. base 2.5

60K for the plugs correct? Does the coil need replacing along with the plug. How much to replace?
pgh is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh View Post
60K for the plugs correct? Does the coil need replacing along with the plug. How much to replace?
No coil as far as I know is a life time part unless you own a VW which case they use junk yard recycled coils that seem to fail several times before the plugs need to be done ;-)

Subaru coils are known for being more or less hands off for the life of the car.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Car: '11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

i think the OP's main concern is the CVT. and aren't they coil overpacks or whatever where they last the life of the car or engine.

i have a few parts that aren't supposed to be there...

tired of a sore elbow from the hard plastic armrest? get a cover here http://www.redlinegoods.com/cgi-bin/...r&id=1&aid=774
bradze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

Car: 2010 OB 3.6R limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradze View Post
i think the OP's main concern is the CVT. and aren't they coil overpacks or whatever where they last the life of the car or engine.
It is anyone guess on the LOngevity of the CVT now.... I know the 3.6R Tranny (OLD school 5EAT) are very reliable... One of the reason I pick the 3.6R over the 2.5CVT. The other reason is the Timing belt vs chain (comparing 2010 models)...
awd-gg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

Fair guess the CVT under normal proper use should be no different than the 5EAT. Especially with the 2.5 which is not a gear buster power house to start with. If they are pairing up the 2T in the Forester and the Diesel to more or less the same CVT with small tweaks to them - then the little 2.5 gasser at 170hp isn't exactly a major stress point for the CVT.

Improper use will do any transmission in far before its time though.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

Car: 2010 2.5i

72k and going strong on my 2.5i 2010. Nothing other than basic maintenance required. They are mostly all highway miles over a relatively flat commute, so I'm likely not working the CVT as hard as you will be by the time you reach 100k.

A highway driver's 100k (which is what you're asking for pretty much by asking about a 2010 with 100k miles in 2013) will not equal the wear and tear on a city driver's 100k since there is a lot less wasted energy by not having to start/stop at upteen traffic lights. I think it'd be nice if the industry could come up with a standardized "wear and tear" meter that factors in how hard/often the driver accelerates, the speeds traveled and other factors in addition to just the number of miles. What such a measurement would mean from car model to car model would be different, but it would let you cross-shop the two used cars of the same model with a better idea of how they were driven. Probably won't ever happen though since it would not benefit the new car market.
statueim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: