Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums (http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/)
-   Gen 4: 2010-2014 (http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-gen-4-2010-2014/)
-   -   2015 Outback (http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-gen-4-2010-2014/53756-2015-outback.html)

kmssgoten 03-15-2013 07:48 AM

saw some of the shots of the new ones in japan coming out looks awsome!! wonder if they are going to keep the outback high in the US or go back to being more of a wagon then a crossover suv..kinda hope they keep the height more space between me and rocks be better

bigwally 03-15-2013 09:25 AM

My 2011 only has 7700 miles on it since I work at home, so I think I'll have no problem getting fifteen years out of it. I like the idea of a more affordable Tesla Model S equivalent for my next car.

digdah 03-15-2013 10:51 AM

I don't do first gen runs but I'll be interested in knowing how it looks, what engine choices they offer and if I can get it in stick. Then I'll wait it out at least the first year or maybe the second if interested.

Naw, I keep my cars for 10 + years. I just hope it is ugly and not more wagonish in ride height or else I'll scream.

Nickshu 03-15-2013 04:05 PM

Re: 2015 Outback
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmssgoten (Post 521897)
saw some of the shots of the new ones in japan coming out looks awsome!! wonder if they are going to keep the outback high in the US or go back to being more of a wagon then a crossover suv..kinda hope they keep the height more space between me and rocks be better

Post pics?

subiesailor 03-15-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwally (Post 521925)
My 2011 only has 7700 miles on it since I work at home, so I think I'll have no problem getting fifteen years out of it. I like the idea of a more affordable Tesla Model S equivalent for my next car.

As the crow flies we are 9 miles from the Tesla plant. Our town is about 16,000 strong and there are three Tesla's on our street. Two of the original Elise based sports cars and two of the new S- sedans. The bummer is that our house faces East West not North South so not the ideal set up for a 10KW or larger solar system - which paired with the Tesla would be the cats meow for power and car options ;-) One street over north south facing houses there are about 8 houses with 8KW or larger solar systems one of the Tesla's belongs to the house with the largest solar set up. Haven't had a chance to BS with the owner yet but I bet they have an interesting take on the whole electric car and solar system thing.

fun2drive 04-16-2013 11:16 PM

If I hear the 15 is coming with the 2.0 TID I will wait and buy a 15 and hold off on the 14. I still have my 13 and will keep the 13 as well as get the new 15 only if it is a 2.0 TID.

digdah 04-17-2013 12:29 AM

Don't do first gen runs, especially after all the issues with steering shake reported here and other weird stuff that seems to have been resolved in the 13 including the suspension.

I'll only upgrade if there is a 6-speed manual turbo diesel available that is not a base level model. Nothing less else I stick with my original plan of driving this till the wheels fall off. The ball's in your court SOA.

Pool Runner 04-17-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digdah (Post 573426)
Don't do first gen runs, especially after all the issues with steering shake reported here and other weird stuff that seems to have been resolved in the 13 including the suspension.

I'll only upgrade if there is a 6-speed manual turbo diesel available that is not a base level model. Nothing less else I stick with my original plan of driving this till the wheels fall off. The ball's in your court SOA.

I agree about 1st year runs as well, especially Subaru. After seeing the new Forester in person I have a feeling they will blow the first 2-3 years of the next Outback. The only thing that would catch my attention would be if X-mode and some of the tech screen gizmo's from the new Forester Touring made it to the new Outback.

In all seriousness I will be keeping this '13 SAP till the wheels fall off. Im more curious about model year 2014 for the Outback. I wonder if they will offer at least LED tail lights. That's the one thing that is missing from the '13 car.

SpiderM69 04-17-2013 01:55 AM

My 2013 will be just getting broken in by then!

UCSB 04-17-2013 02:23 AM

I will wait and see what the new model has to offer. If I was a Subaru fanboy, I might just commit to an upgrade two years before it arrives. But, that is not the case. This Subaru purchase was a bit of an experiment in our family. I picked up the car for my wife. Normally, I would have spent more for her car. But, I liked the mileage / utility mix and decided to try it and get get an understanding of this price segment. My brother picked up a Prius Plug-in and I am very impressed with that car. A vehicle that is a hybrid or plug-in hybrid would be high on my list of replacement cars. I drive a Lexus RX 450h, which is very nice luxury hybrid. I may give the 450h to my wife and buy myself a new luxury / sports car ... we might then keep the Subaru for utility usage. Currently, I share a Toyota Landcruiser with my brother for utility usage and I might continue with that approach and just sell the Subaru.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009-2010 SubaruOutback.org. All Rights Reserved.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome