Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums (http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/)
-   Gen 4: 2010-2014 (http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-gen-4-2010-2014/)
-   -   Subaru Outback 2013 Suspension Rattle Noise (http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-gen-4-2010-2014/75273-subaru-outback-2013-suspension-rattle-noise.html)

gdietz@hotmail.com 08-26-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kminev (Post 769705)
Hi everyone I recently bought my first Subaru Outback 2013 special appearance package and I love it. However I've noticed as well as other people that when I go over certain roads that have small pot holes very much like the butt scratchers on the highways I get a rattling noise from the front suspension.

Almost feels like a something is loose, but it only happens when I go over numerous small cracks on the road.

Anyone experienced similar issue?

I am almost due for my first service stop to the dealer and I will most certainly asked them to have a look at it.

Thank you

Had same issue on my 2014 Outback LTD. Dealer took for drive and lightly put on brakes and noise went away. Brake caliper pins were found to be dry. Lubed pins, installed front brake calipers, test drove and no more noise.

Rockin Ronnie 08-26-2013 06:02 PM

Same here

I am coming up to an oil change and will mention this to my dealer. Caliper rattle sounds like it could be it. Same as original poster, rattling sound in the front at low speed on washboard roads.

Ron

BadAV 08-26-2013 09:48 PM

I have a very occasional rattle from the left front on small bumps at low speeds only. I believe mine is the strut rattling. I'm not going to do anything unless it gets worse.

ExBimmer 10-10-2013 06:14 PM

My 2014 has developed the same symptoms coming from the left front. The rattle has gotten worse. It seems to be lessened if I lightly touch the brake. If I hit the tire sidewall with my hand, I hear a rattle, but I can't tell if it's a caliper or some other suspension component. Bringing it in for service tomorrow.

wutbürger 10-11-2013 07:35 AM

Add another one to the list. First noticed it (bad) while driving over broken, ice-covered roads at 10mph speeds. That was last December and it still does it now, but I mainly notice it when leaving the driveway in the morning.

ExBimmer 10-12-2013 12:12 PM

I brought my car to the dealership yesterday. I told the service guy that the noise seemed to be coming from the left front and I suspected it was from the brake assembly. I waited for the service and it was completed in under an hour.

The good news: I was told that the service tech had verified the noise coming from the left front. He found it was coming from the brake assembly. He added brake caliper lube and anti-rattle clips to the front left and right brake pads. He road tested it to confirm the noise had disappeared.

The bad news: the noise is still there. I heard it as soon as I drove away from the dealership.

Mr.gg 10-18-2013 05:39 PM

I have heard the same rattle coming from the left front of my 2013 OB with 6000 km. as mention before it happens when driving over small bumps-rough patches on the streets. (here in Vancouver there is lots). i have an appointment for an oil change at the dealer on monday. I'll post what they do to fix this.
having a suspension like this is disappointing on a brand new car.

Titansniper 10-18-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdietz@hotmail.com (Post 898450)
Had same issue on my 2014 Outback LTD. Dealer took for drive and lightly put on brakes and noise went away. Brake caliper pins were found to be dry. Lubed pins, installed front brake calipers, test drove and no more noise.

They did the same thing to my 2014, rattle came back 3 days later. I'm guessing a tolerance issue with the guide pins. It get rather annoying on the dirt roads and rough pavement.

mudober 11-05-2013 02:32 PM

I have same thing rattle front left goes away when pressing on brake.I may look at it today.easy to lube the pins and re tighten.

ExBimmer 11-05-2013 02:47 PM

I returned to the dealer today to have them look at the problem again since the anti-rattle clips and lube didn't solve the problem. They called the Subaru Tech Line and were told to replace the upper caliper pins. Here's what the service description says: "Updated parts 2 lower caliper bracket pins to install to the upper calipers." They had to order the parts.