My rattle mystery solved? - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Car: '13 2.5 Premium
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My rattle mystery solved?

My '13 2.5 Premium has had a slight intermittent rattle that has been bugging me for a couple of months.

I may have finally found it. The pax seat is mechanically/manually adjusted. On the lower right side is a lever that pulls up to adjust the seatback angle. The front edge of that lever was just touching the plastic seatbase. It was causing the rattle. Apparently when there is weight in the seat it would not touch, so it only happened when I was solo. I bent it out about 1/4 inch. I really hope that's it. When I pounded on the seat I could recreate the rattle, but after the adjustment I could not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 05:16 PM

Car: Little Red, 2000 Outback H4 "Limited"
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Man, I love a happy ending. Mine is 13years old with 175K miles and I still hunt down and kill those damned rattles. I hope you got it this time.

Set the Wayback machine to the year 2000 Sherman... when Little Red was problem free.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Car: '13 2.5 Premium
I think that was it. Had a nice quiet weekend, not waiting to hear the rattle every time I hit a bump just right. It kept sounding like the glovebox or something in the door.

Now I'm just waiting for the next annoyance.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 03:32 PM

Car: 2013 Outback 2.5i Premium / 2006 Forester premium
Man, I feel your pain - just removed the plastic cover of the trunk/door- the body moulding clips were loose in their mount, they worked but rattled at every bump. Ended up using camper mount tape on each clip (underneath the white clip itself) - not a single rattle. I know a car will always have some noise, but come on, a 2013 ?

What I've done to my subie: Hood/window deflectors, puddle lights, interior illumination kit, homelink mirror, katzkin premium leather, thule aerobars, seat back protectors, dynamat install(full), interior led overhaul, SiriusXM factory kit, Philips daylight-8s/crystalvisions (H7/9005), Blind Spot Detection system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: