Subaru Outback Forums banner

Where can I download the Outback manual as a PDF in one piece?

47K views 58 replies 27 participants last post by  John of Ark 
#1 ·
Subaru of America has decided to make the car's manual available as a 21-part PDF. Yep: apparently, you have to download each chapter separately. :9:

Screw that. :mad: I want a single, complete PDF manual. One click, one download, no assembly required. Anyone know where I can find it?

#3 ·
Thanks Cardoc. But... Am I missing something, or are you? That site is even worse, with every PDF comprising just a few pages from the technical manual (not the owner's manual, an electronic copy of which is what I'm looking for).

"Don't wear your mouse out" is right. I guess the search continues!

#6 ·
Subaru already made it easy for you. Bookmark the page to your model and read through it. If something comes up, you have it bookmarked and can go straight to it. Save storage on you computer.

Or:

Download the PDFs from Subaru then you can combine all the separate PDFs to make one. When you're finished, post it up here for everyone else that would like it in a single file to put on their system, or for bookmark reference.

Since you would be pretty quick with it after doing your model, you can start in the various other models and compile those and post as you get time.

People will thank you.

#7 ·
The memory required would be enormous.

You could make one yourself as Cardoc suggests. It would require some time and a decent computer. And you would likely have to own a copy of Adobe.

Subaru sets it up as 21 files for good reason. Saving bandwidth saves $$$. Most owners only have a quick question so they download the module they need, and presto... done.

You could try contacting SOA.

#9 ·
You're my new favorite person!

To avoid wearing out your mouse or downloading extra manuals you don't need:
Code:
pavuk -enable_js "http://jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/Legacy%20Outback/2013/USDM%20Legacy%20FSM%202013%20%28BM-BR%29/Legacy%20-%20Outback/2013/" -dont_leave_dir "http://jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/Legacy%20Outback/2013/USDM%20Legacy%20FSM%202013%20%28BM-BR%29/Legacy%20-%20Outback/2013/"

#12 ·
We live in 2013, not 1999. Hard drives, RAM, processors, and broadband connections are perfectly well-equipped to deal with black-and-white documents of hundreds of pages, and sized at dozens if not hundreds of megabytes. Even my smartphone can handle that.

#14 ·
At the ratio of people I get in the shop with new(er) cars and they have a question that usually intices :RTFM:, when I ask if they checked their manual, or DVD in some cases, they go to the car and unwrap it. So you can't complain about not getting a paper copy or that the manual is available in pdf on a website easily accessible 24/7 but not in the form you desire. Subaru cut cost while supplying a mass of information.

Kudos to Subaru for doing it. Not only is it available to current owners but its accessible to anyone with internet access that can do a simple search. All those shoppers who want a non-salesman look into the accessories and operation of the car before a purchase can now go here: Subaru Owner Resource Center | My Subaru What a concept.

In the time spent starting and ranting about the format Subaru chose, there was ample time to create a file, download all the pdfs and have it accessible for when the cable company internet connection goes down and you want to know which fuse to jump for that accessory you want to add.

:xnuts:

Moving on.

#15 ·
All I'm trying to do is find a PDF manual in one piece, so I can find every single instance of "oil" or "tire" with one search, rather than search through up to 21 separate documents.

I have no idea what that's so controversial, or such a novel idea, or why the response has to be a dismissive-in-tone "you should just make your own and not bother us."

But hey, thanks anyway.

Oh, as for the gentleman who requested I stop "clogging up this forum," let me just note that I've posted 1.5 times a month on average since I joined here. The gentleman in question posts, on average, every other day, I saw by his stats. Not that I mind, of course. All are welcome here. Or so I thought.

#17 ·
Girls, stop swinging your purses at each other. Rogier, what model do you have? I have 50 up and 50 down with 4 terabytes of storage and Adobe Acrobat X Pro. I'll put the damned manual together for you and email it to you. PM me your email address and I'll send it within a day or so.

David

#19 ·
Dajeepman: My sincere thanks for what you have done for the community. Thanks also for leaving it unlocked for easy extraction of selected pages, printing, etc.

#21 ·
I have Acrobat 8 Professional, but it is registered to my employer and leaves too much personal info in the Properties file for me to feel comfortable providing this service to others as well. It's nice of you to do this, and I see it left no ID. Nice.

#23 ·
Oh look, people aren't playing nice again.

If you cannot be civil, be silent.

Why is this so hard to understand? Insults and personal attacks will get you vacations. Try and remember what you learned in kindergarten, shall we?

#33 · (Edited)
files for 2006 Outback LLBean 3.0R

If the offer is still open for the service manual iin PDF format I would appreciate being able to have a digital copy. A long ways to nearest dealership. Thanks.

Found this thread via search; realize that it would serve other gen3 owners if moved to that section, after link is supplied.

#34 ·
If the offer is still open for the service manual iin PDF format I would appreciate being able to have a digital copy. A long ways to nearest dealership. Thanks.

Found this thread via search; realize that it would serve other gen3 owners if moved to that section, after link is supplied.
The digital copy is in the pdf link I posted.. or you can download chapter by chapter in the first link posted. All I did was combined them into one pdf file instead of 8 or 10 files.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.