Subaru Outback Forums banner

2012 Subaru XV (aka Outback Sport) unveiled at Frankfurt Auto Show...

12K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  syscon 
#1 ·
#7 ·
That is a beautiful car! Love the wheels too! I hope they don't F-up the US model by shipping it without the body color panels around the fogs and the lower area below the grill. While I like how mine turned out- there is still something inherently wrong with the design if spraying a car with plasti-dip is a common mod on a brand new $25k+ car.

#9 ·
Of course, we haven't seen what the new Forester will look like when it gets a redesign (have we? If so, can someone point me to a link?). But, just looking at this picture, I think this would be more tempting to me than the Forester.. :8:

#19 ·
That technology would boost the 2012 Subaru Impreza into hybrid territory. It'd be a huge win for Subaru because of the price for their AWD that ACTUALLY works AND it's more efficient than the current FWD vehicles. That is something I DEFINITELY want to see. Subaru was the first one to have a zero-landfil manufacturing plant in the U.S. too. They should totally push the green in them if they want to go mainstream (which is what they said they wanted).

#20 ·
If I'm not mistaken "start/stop" technology is or will be a law in Europe; where as in North America it is not required "yet".
But it is beyond my comprehension why Subaru would be so short sighted not to implemented it in NA on Impreza 2012

I was reading somewhere, (can not recall the link) that this "stop/start engine" technology cost only about $400 to implement; and would be a good PR for the company but Subaru missed it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.