Subaru Outback Forums banner

Imprezza WRX Exhaust on the Outback 2.5i?

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  upflying 
#1 ·
Was at the dealer the other day with the wife looking at possibly adding an '11 WRX to my garage. Anyway they had a WRX parked next to a new Outback side-to-side. While I was looking under the WRX (Had the optional SPT) Exhaust that sounded amazing, I noticed another WRX had the stock system. Looked like the same size/ shape muffler as the Outback? I wasn't exactly sure but it looked like the WRX exhaust might hang and fit in the same spot as the stock Outback’s.

<O:pThe only tricky part would be to cut the twin tips off and weld on two turn down pipes. I'm almost willing to do this. Basically order up the OE WRX SPT system, install on my Outback, cut twin exhaust tips off and have a shop weld two turn downs on. I don't think the mid-pipe section would work, but I could have a shop weld a straight pipe in place of the Outbacks's massive center resonator. Anyone else think of this?

Found this picture of the '11 Stock WRX system just for referance, it's a poor picture but you can see all the bends and mounting is identical to the Outback. This makes me believe I could essentially install the SPT unit on my Outback with little modification.

See less See more
#5 ·
Reminds me of this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.