Subaru Outback Forums banner

2013 19mm RSB install

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  vtj 
#1 ·
So I installed the 19mm bar tonight. As expected it made the car corner better with even less body roll but for me to notice you have to corner pretty fast. Combined with factory changes and this it's impressive for a tall wagon, very impressive. I wasn't sure if it was stiffer riding or not but my wife said she couldn't notice. I expect slightly better freeway handling in high winds as well.

A long time ago my dad told me if it doesn't feel right don't over tighten even if you are using a torque wrech. Well my craftsmen torque wrench went bad and I learned it was bad by stripping one of the four bolts that hold the bar on. I was pissed! So I got a longer bolt a locking washer and a nut and got it mounted. Everything was done by hand. I will check torque someday when I swap this stupid wrench out. The whole tightening mechanism is gone and I always loosened it in storage. Oh well I am just mad it happened to my new car.

#3 ·
Ahhhh, You beat me to by about a week. Glad to hear a positive report. Too bad about the wrench. Did you take the bar off the '11 or go new?
I went new. I wasn't sure if I would upgrade again and I didn't want to hassle with getting the stock bar back from my dads house.

We just took a nice car ride home and whats funny about my wife is that she likes the 19mm for soft corners, yes soft. Because the seats don't have a lot of side support and she is so small in them she slides if I corner hard. Well 19mm or not if you corner hard she's going to move in her seat. Now in soft corners the car stays all the way flat so she doesn't move in her seat at all which she prefers.

After owning the car for 1500+ miles I felt like the stock 16mm was still a little soft in corners for the front sway bar. The 19mm matches it if not a little stiffer in feel. In the end I think an 18mm would provide the most perfect "matched" feel but 19 is closer to 18 than 16 :29:

Looking forward to what others do as I know I won't be the last.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.