Subaru Outback Forums banner

AMAAZING tire buying experience!

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Discount Tire 
#1 ·
I had a new set of Michelin Defenders installed today on my 2012 OB H4 from America's Tire co. (AKA Discount Tire back East). I booked 8AM appointment on line for Sat morning. I was finished, tires installed, and driving back down the road at 0820. Kudos to America's Tire! (BTW I got ~55K out of my factory Continentals)..

#2 ·
Wow!. It sounds like it pays to be in the store bright and early. Discount Tire is one of my favorite businesses. They have went above and beyond in customer service on numerous occasions for me.

I also replaced the factory Continental tires with Michelin Defenders. With going on 25k miles on them, so far I've been very happy with the Defenders.

#4 ·
I think anyone could have a bad day, or overlook some detail so, I'm sure people have had bad experiences with DT.

I am not one of them. They have helped me, my wife and daughters and some extended family MANY times. The one time, decades ago, something went "all pear shaped" they stepped-up without hesitation and took care of it - no excuses.

Noone in a DT shop has NOT worked in the tire bay - they promote from within. read their history at wikipedia.

#5 ·
I have Good Experiences as Well

My local DT has been fantastic. The Manager Wes, has taken care of me big time. From swapping out wheels that just weren't right...to taking back wheels that had a warranty issue and were no longer made...to swapping tires they couldn't balance to my satisfaction.

I always get there 1st thing, and that helps immensely, as they are usually swamped by 10 am.

My only issue...and it's nit-picky. A nubie did it, and it was to anal to ask them to fix. But my Team Dynamic rally wheels have the TD name in sunken lettering. I requested that my Conti DWS be mounted in such a way that the lettering is centered and lines up with the lettering, tire and wheel. When the set was mounted, it was done perfectly. I had a flat repair, and that tire didn't get mounted perfectly...it off by about an inch. I am the only one who knows.

That's my only gripe really...Nit-Pick

#8 ·
Thank you all for your kind words. We appreciate your business and will continue to work hard in the future to earn your business. We are in the people business and do our best to treat our customer the way we expect to be treated. Sure there are times when something goes wrong; when that happens we step up and make it right.

#11 ·
I'm considering the Michelin Premier and Defender.

Any recommendation of one over the other?

Mostly suburban/highway miles, I don't switch to snow tires, and we average around 2"-4" of snow at a time with dry streets within a day or two so long days of lots of accumulation is not a problem. Rarely, we will get an 8"-12" snow.

#12 ·
Both the Michelin Premier A/S and Defender are all season tires.

The Premier A/S has the newest Evergrip Technology which improves braking even when worn. It also has extra sipping and silica compound to help in wet and winter conditions.

The Defender has a 90,000 limited manufacturers wear warranty where as the Premier has a 60,000 manufacturers warranty.

It depends on what you are looking for most. They are both excellent tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.