P2092 Code - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2005 Outback 2.5XT 5MT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P2092 Code

Driving to work yesterday morning I got a P2092 code about a mile from home. I got to a parking lot and cleared it and when merging onto the highway the car sputtered like it misfired and the CEL came back. I babied it the rest of drive to work. The oil pressure on my aftermarket gauge read 10-15 psi lower than usual.

Once I got to work, I cleared the code. Driving home from work, the car's idle suffered and it almost stalled in traffic. No CEL for the remaining drive. The oil pressure gauge was back to its normal ~80-85 at around 3k RPM. The oil level is perfect, I changed the oil two weeks ago.

I did some reading on the OCV and was able to make the code to come back by unplugging the OCV and getting the RPMs over 3k.

I ohmed the sensor and got a steady reading of 9.2 ohms. If it was bad, wouldn't the ohms give it away?

Before I drop $90 on a new OCV, I want some more experienced feedback.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 09:30 PM

Car: 2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Where is the Oil Charge Valve (OCV) located? - NASIOC

also check the grounds and battery

Its a circuit issue that may mean a poor connection, bad solenoid or lack of proper voltage.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

All the grounds should be good and clean, but my battery is pre-2010. Could this have anything to do with it?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 10:02 PM

Yes

Low output batteries cause havoc in different ways. Think of all the electrical parts on the car and then how the ECM, TCM and BIU control the electrical current flow. Then think about how your laptop, or even a flashlight, runs on a low battery. The car is the same way when the battery is failing, not enough current to go around. The car is going on 9 years old. Corrosion sets in withing the cable insulation and inhibits ampere flow. If you can get the battery amp tested, then verify all the grounds are good, that would be a start.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

I got it tested at Advanced Auto and the machine told me the battery was fine. The cold cranking amps were a little low, but everything else checked out. I'm going to clean up the grounds and fool with the OCV. The tech I called at the Subaru dealer said they were spring loaded and sometimes stick. Hopefully a little WD40 and some PB's b'laster will help.

Thanks!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 11:42 PM

How low were the amps?

If the car is automatic, you need at least 500 available.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Its a 5MT, and I didn't get the amps. The AA monkey didn't give me any numbers. Classic..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: