Subaru Outback Forums banner

New OBXT day!

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  tdelker 
#1 ·
I posted on this car before when I was looking at it, but the official new car day is here. 2005 OutbackXT Limited with manual tranny. Shared the 5 hour drive with my wife (who will be the primary driver of this car) and the car is wonderful.

The prior owner was a stickler for maintenance, all the normal and expected work has been done, and synthetic oil (mobile one, I may switch to shell) was used at very regular intervals for changes.

I plan to pull the banjo filter and either replace it with stock or do one of the mods, look into changing oils, and other than that, the car is good! Tight, supple suspension, doors all fit well and close solidly and quietly, interior in very good shape, exterior also. The acceleration and power was awesome!

I will have some questions as i get to know the car. I will do the weekend oil checking and such for my wife, and will get to drive it once in a while. Meanwhile, she loves it!

Here are a couple pics. Click thumbs for larger size. New Idaho plates will be ordered today.

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice! If you change the trannie fluid, be careful of the replacement fluid. There are some types the syncos don't like. I would just stick with OEM only there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.