Subaru Outback Forums banner

New Gen3 XT member? Introduce yourself here.

337K views 2K replies 877 participants last post by  07OBXT/FXT 
#1 ·
40 hours to delivery...

Since we're sharing... :)

I will be taking delivery of my new 2005 Silver, Outback XT Limited, MT on THIS FRIDAY!!

WOOHOO!! I can't sleep at night I'm so excited!:D

#1,350 ·
Howdy y'all

Been meaning to join for a awhile better late then never.

Have 06 OBXT with the follwoing mods front and rear Perrin Sways, all the suspension stuff AVO makes for the car along with Whiteline bushes and camber adjustment stuff. SS brake lines. Remote start. Tint. Working on aftermarket HU with back up camera/ bluetooth / iphone / etc just have to figure out the auto climate control bit.

Also have the following Subys:

#1,352 ·
Hello Everyone,
New to this site, I am a member over at WRXAtlanta.com
I have owned a 2005 obxt ltd. since August of 2014. Lots and lots of repairs so far.
It is currently at the shop awaiting a new bottom end with beautiful forged internals and a long list of other parts.
When I pick it up next week I will post up some pictures.

#1,353 ·
Whats up. Figured i would intro myself rather than lurk.
05XT i do race it at the drag strip. I do all the work myself with the help of a few friends when i need extra hands.
just over 90k miles.
Stage 2+ BrenTuned lgt brakes spec B 6spd 255/50R17's etc etc.
It's a highway queen will be eventually lowered an inch.

Attachments

Reactions: tpet
#1,354 ·
Hey. I haven't been on here in soooo long, and even then I think I only posted one post, so effectively I'm new. And thought I'd say Hi. I have a 2002 Outback 3.0 LL Bean that ran great for a while, except for a transmission issue that finally completely took a dump. So I'm looking to by a newer Outback, probably 2005 to 2009. Thanks!

#1,355 ·
Hoping to become an Outback owner this year!

We've owned a lot of different makes and models; but have continued to see the outbacks and think that they ... are the one we need!

We sure could use some advise. I imagine we'll be looking at the Gen 3 series and hope we can find one under $5000.

What should we be looking for regarding mileage? any other tips?

Thanks!

#1,356 ·
Just Got an 05 XT. Already issues.

I'm a new owner of a 2005 XT with 125k. I was told it had just had the turbo, head gasket (??), and timing belt done. Almost as soon as I got it, the CEL went on with code P0011.

Crap. I had already been reading all the helpful threads in anticipation of the car's delivery (I purchased it from another state), so I was dreading this. I happened to be very near a well-reviewed shop when the light when on, so I took it there. Guy told me usually this happens when the oil is bad, but it can be a pain to track down. He said he just reset it and let's see if it happens again. I tried to bring up the whole turbo issue (which I brought up when I dropped it off, since I'd already read the code and all). He had no idea what I was talking about. Sigh.

It was fine for a few trips around town and it didn't even show as a pending code, but the CEL came back on with same code the first time I got on the highway. I took it to the dealer.

Dealer currently has the car and is doing a long list of things. Removing and cleaning oil pan, removing banjo bolts, etc. There WERE particles in the pan - hopefully just turbo parts and hopefully they miraculously made their way to the pan without messing up too much on the way there. Anyone know what the turbo bearings are made of and what they look like?

Anyway, other than this melodrama, the car is great except for the suspension when on the highway feeling like my grandma's Pontiac Bonneville.

#1,357 ·
Hi all! Yesterday I picked up a "Deep Bronze Metallic" '09 Subaru Outback XT with 101,000 miles on the body and 400 miles on the engine / turbo. These were replaced by Subaru and are under warranty for the next 3 years (plus any Subaru warranty I believe). I'm super excited to finally join the long list of Subaru owners, and am thankful for all the help I'm sure I'll get in the future from all of you.

#1,361 ·
Cruise light always flashes when the check engine lamp is active. This is to warn you that cruise is not available. It is locked out to prevent you from cruising your way to major damage, although it's kind of dumb- it will lock you out even when the problem isn't anything severe enough to kill the engine.

Use the built-in diagnostic scanner to read the trouble code. Instructions linked from my signature.

#1,362 · (Edited)
Thank you for this - I'll be checking it out right now to see what comes up.

The code that came up in error for EGI was P2443, which shows up as Sec Air Inj Sys Switching Valve Stuck Closed Bank2. After doing some "light" reading and searching it looks like I'll need to have this definitely looked at / possibly replaced. I'm hoping the warranty covers this, at a friend's house so I can't read the exact terms right now.

#1,363 ·
OK, that's not so bad. You will learn with the XT that some failures are annoyances, and others demand that you stop driving immediately and get a tow.

This one isn't that bad. The secondary air injection system is strictly a pollution control mechanism, and will not significantly damage the vehicle if the system is inoperative. Your biggest liability here is that if another problem happens, you won't necessarily notice it because the CEL is already active.

You should still get it looked at, and I see no reason why your warranty would not cover it.

#1,370 ·
Hello All! Just joined the forum today and got my shiny 09 OBXT a couple months ago!

So many questions, so many forum posts to weed through. But my initial thoughts....

- intercooler (direct fit wrx? sti w/ mani?)
- inexpensive suspensions (repurpose leggies?)
- better flowing exhausts (not loud and tinny)
- Accessport V3 maps

Here is a lovely low-res pic.

Attachments

#1,374 ·
Hey y'all!
Just joined your ranks with a 2005 Outback XT Ltd. So far I'm loving it and already have some mods planned. Seems like a great community y'all have here.
http://i.imgur.com/HsRMZP1.jpg
Welcome and we're glad to have you here!

For some reason I'm not able to see a picture of your car (well, I can see a small thumbnail after I take out the ".jpg" of the url), but I'm sure it looks great!

#1,376 ·
#1,377 ·
Hello everyone. A couple of months back I purchased my first Subaru: A 2005 3.0 LL-Bean. I did a lot of research, and am quite happy with my purchase.
Oh, the vehicle has 161000mi on it, so the previous owner has broken it in for me.

There were a few minor items, but the car is in great shape. Obviously well cared for, with the exception of a bit more towing than was probably good. A new axle/u-joint took care of that I think.

I have one question I'd like help with. My mechanic wasn't able to give me a good answer. What is the maintenance schedule for a vehicle over 150K? Everything I've read just stops. I'd like to keep up with routine maintenance, but I have no clue what to do. Just fixing things as they break sounds like a bad plan.

#1,380 ·
Hi guys. First time scoobie owner, long time follower.
I was a Honda guy back in the 80's and early 90's. Then I was turned, and fell in love with and owned many Toyota's and Lexus's with a few random Audi's/bmtroubleu's. Streetbikes etc...

Anywho, I traded an 07' IS250 awd for an 08' obxt limited two weeks ago. I'm already building it, rather rebuilding... Gonna go searching threads now, maybe a small build thread to follow.

Here are a few of my others

Project gs3 [URL="http://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads/759628-my-13-year-ocd-build-in-the-pursuit-of-perfection-gs300.html"[/URL]
My streetbike/quad build - GSX-Raptor with pix and vids http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...tor-full-build
My 2UZ V8 converted FZJ80 landcruiser build with pix and vids Project - EffjJay Eighty - 2UZ powered | IH8MUD Forum

Read more: My 13 Year OCD Build in the pursuit of perfection - GS300 - Club Lexus Forums