Just Joined Today - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Just Joined Today

No need to respond but a welcome won't be rejected. I just discovered this site while researching rear sway bar upgrade on my G203H4. BTW I ordered the Whiteline 20mm, which is on back order 4-8 weeks. I bought my OBW brand new November 2002. It now has 150K+ miles I'm always thinking about selling but I always pull back. Flashy she is not and the 2.5 is a bit of a dog on this heavy frame. But I finally decided I can live with that. The car has a solid feel that I continue to admire. There are Subaru people and there is everyone else, let's say subies are lovingly unrefined.
Mine is a also a ranch hauler:
-I like it better than my 1ton truck to cart PVC pipe (and 2 x 4's) . Lay them over the roof (on top of a blanket) next to the rack rails and tie off with baling twine
-I have hauled hay bales on the roof and 1000 lbs of feed in the back.
-There is no better dog carrier. The rear cargo area folds flat with no paw catchers and that feature is more rare than you think.
-No need to mention that this puppy goes through any weather, and has a high crash rating. That's why I bought to begin with.
I look forward to frequent site visits and I'll comment on occasion. Will try to avoid redundancy and add value this forum.
Flat4 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 2000 Outback 5MT

Well I'll be first to welcome you to the boards. There's quite a few people on here who know these cars inside and out and they'll jump in and answer your questions.

Lately the Gen 2 people have been getting into a lot of upgrades so it's becoming popular to mix and match components. Obviously you use your car way more than some so I doubt you'd lower it, but some people do raise the car up to get a little more ground clearance.
frogsthatmoo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the welcome. I love the adaptability of the suspension on the older models. I'll change the soft RSB but I like the stock ride level through the canyons and mountain roads where I live. I've noticed the newer gens have gotten progressively taller and bigger, which appeals to the mass market but does not appeal to me.
Flat4 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: