CD player - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2003 LL Bean 120k
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CD player

does anyone know how to get CD's out of the factory 6 stacker ?

it wants to keep them i guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 07:28 PM

Car: 2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Remove head unit; Disassemble; Reverse procedure.

Try unhooking your battery for a few minutes, pressing on the brake pedal while its disconnected to withdraw all the current from the system then reconnect and turn the head unit on to see if it resets and spits them out.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2003 LL Bean 120k
I'm afraid it's screwed up because you can hear it running but nothing is going on.

i will try this though.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 02:47 PM

Car: 2003 LLBean H6 Outback
Mine just did this, going tio be awhile before I have time to tackle something that far down the list.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 03:00 PM

Car: 2003 Outback Lim 5spdMT 2.5L, 241K..2013 Outback Lim SAP
I have already given the details here once - but in my 2003 OB Lim - this happened to me 4 times in the first year. Each time Subaru put in a DIFFERENT head unit. Only about a year or 2 later did I read about SOA having an "issue" with this happening a lot.

The drag was - the dealer Irvine Subaru - the biggest dealer in So Cal - wasnt authorized (or equipped or trained or something) to take the CDs out - so each time - they had to send the head unit somewhere - and I got my cds in the mail about 2 months later. This was irritating enough - till the last time they LOST my CDS - and pretty much shrugged their shoulders when I got mad about it. They also said they change them with "refurbished" units - and the last time they gave me a "new" unit - and it STILL happened again.
So that time - I took them out myself - and it was NOT an easy or quick process. TONS of screws have to be taken off to get to the point of actually getting the stuck CDs out.

I ended up sending Subaru back the last unit in many pieces with a letter of my disappointment. I bought a Clarion aftermarket and never had the problem again - 240K later.

good luck to you.

edit: by the way - the point of my rant was to caution you if you have Subaru deal with it, also to say that it wasnt a quick process to get the CDS out. I have taken apart laptops and fixed them down to their cores, I am not unfamiliar with taking small electronics apart - and that head unit, to get the stuck CDs out (at least the one on the 2006 OB Lim) was no small task.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: