bosal muffler - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

Car: 2003, obs, h6, 150k
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

havent posted back in a while, been working like a dog. thank you all for the informative posts. i was planning on replaing the muffler in the spring. looking at the mid pipe and headers on my 2003 OBS H6 3.0 i may go ahead and do the whole thing much sooner than later if i can get the parts for the right price. anyone know of a good deal on bran new headers and mid pipe for h6 that wont throw CEL? im not looking for preformance im just looking for something stock at a fair price to replace the rusted out rattling exhast system and i prefer to avoid used unless the price is right with photos. i have 7 exhaust clamps on it now to stop rattling heat sheilds. the car has now developed a tapping/rattle from the header area that i cant stop by a simple clamp. leaning torwards just replaceing it all when the moneys their.
mchance1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

OBX Racing Exhaust Headers 00 04 Subaru Outback 3L H6 | eBay

hope that link works, these obx headers look like stock headers as far as shape goes from the photo. i wanted to use the bosal mid pipe and muffler with them from the digram below. the write up about the obx headers says they bolt up and work with stock sensors, my question for the forums, has anyone installed these on their 00-04 h6? i cannot tell if these obx header eliminate the 3rd cat or maybe its the bosal mid pipe eliminateing a cat? im trying to avoid paying full price from subaru for a new exhaust system and i will do the labor myself but i dont want cel codes because i tried to save money. as of now i may go with these headers and bosal mid pipe and muffler if i can confirm they wont throw cel codes. any input would be greatly appreciated. stock headers from subaru are 1500 online and thats just rediculous to me, granted i didnt shop around but it is still high but maybe its because it comes with new cats? id like to come up with a cost effective solution that wont throw cel codes and have my engine breathing right and eliminate all the rattles that keep poping up from under my subaru. thanks to everyone, by far the most informative forum for any vehicle i own or have owned!

Old 01-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #13 (permalink)

on my lunch break i priced out stock oem subaru parts from the headers to the muffler and its 2266.30 in parts and 271.96 for shipping, for a grand total of 2538.26 for headers mid pipe and muffler on a 2003 h6 OBS, unsure if that price includes new cats as the descripton from the subarupartswarehouse is rather vague and i was short on time. just thought id share those prices. while pricing out those parts im begining to lean torwards reusng the cats if possible with obx headers, bosal mid pipe, and the oem subaru muffler with the by pass valve if i can get confirmation on someone who prehaps has the obx headers installed. that would run me just under 1k with all the parts shipped to my door.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

Car: 2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

You might PM 1 Lucky Texan and see if he still has the H6 headers.
cardoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: