2000 legacy blown engine - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #21 (permalink)

Car: 2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

The solenoid is easily replaced. I waited almost a week for a replacement from Subaru (The JDM had a bad one, only had R and 2; took the one off the OE to get the JDM running). Its about 125 I think.

My Actron pulled the tranny code. If its a P series code for the transmission, it should show up on any global OBDII reader.
cardoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #22 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoc View Post
They either don't have the transmission harness plugged in proper or they damaged a wire that goes to the speed sensor or valve body harness. You would need to get the code(s) pulled by someone with a scan tool.

Cheaper is not always better.
i couldn't find anyone else, i tried for 2 weeks. most didn't have one. the one that did wanted 850 +400 to 500 to put in. i couldn't see puting that much in it. that was just a clean swap. no timing chain or any preventive procedures. i got a garage going to look it over monday for harness problems and damage to the fluid pan where te solenoid 2 is located.

thanks
stickman161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #23 (permalink)

what is easier?
changing the engin with the tranny or just the engine. i still think that is not my trany. in drive it shiftsto the next gear when only moving a few feet. is this what a bad solenoid A woul do?

thanks
Old 02-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #24 (permalink)

Either something was damaged on the transmission they installed or something was left unplugged or was damaged on installation.

The quick shift could be caused by improper data sent to the ECM.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman161 View Post
what is easier?
changing the engin with the tranny or just the engine. i still think that is not my trany. in drive it shiftsto the next gear when only moving a few feet. is this what a bad solenoid A woul do?

thanks
Please advise if it is easier to replace both engine and tranny or just the engine. This one is not shifting out of low, the tach stays at 3000. I let off the gas and it drops to 2200 and stays. Now I'm smelling smthg burning.
Thanks
Old 02-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #26 (permalink)

Pull the transmission out the bottom. Less likelihood of damage to engine compartment accessories. And, when you get to where you are going to remove the torque converter bolts, take the throttle body off. It opens up more room.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #27 (permalink)

could a vin nmb some how trace back to the nmb on the bellhousing? i still think i got a different tranny. thanks
Old 02-15-2013, 12:41 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoc View Post
Pull the transmission out the bottom. Less likelihood of damage to engine compartment accessories. And, when you get to where you are going to remove the torque converter bolts, take the throttle body off. It opens up more room.
not me. i'm trying to figure out what a junk yard would do when replacing a blown engine. thanks
Old 02-15-2013, 03:02 AM   #29 (permalink)

Car: 1993 Legacy LSi with still functioning Air Suspension, 1999 Outback 2.5L 5MT lab Rat

You can get a VIN Inquiry from a dealer that will show the original Trans and engine numbers that were installed from the factory. If the vehicle has had a the transmission replaced they would not match anyway. I don't know where you are located what your Legal options may be, but it may be cheaper in the long run to at least consider small claims action to recover any damges they may have created.
SubyTechJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubyTechJoe View Post
You can get a VIN Inquiry from a dealer that will show the original Trans and engine numbers that were installed from the factory. If the vehicle has had a the transmission replaced they would not match anyway. I don't know where you are located what your Legal options may be, but it may be cheaper in the long run to at least consider small claims action to recover any damges they may have created.
thank you for advise.
i want to make sure they didn't put another tranny in and that the original one is still in the car. the one in it now will not shift down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: