Subaru Outback Forums banner

Post Pics of your 1st Gen OB!

96K views 254 replies 92 participants last post by  Yourghostisagift 
#1 ·
Is there already a thread like this somewhere for the Gen 1s?

Anyway here we go. 3 OBs in the house!

This was at work the other day. Lined up me, my dad, and my buddy Danny (battlewagon'14 on the forum)

The Gen 2 Bean is my dad's.

And the Green Gen 4 belongs to battlewagon'14

Somebody drove on the sidewalk... :8: :rolleyes: :loveawd:

See less See more
#2 ·
Reactions: Yourghostisagift
#3 ·

#5 ·
Thanks dude. I gotta find the time to do it! I got a some more, somewhere...

#8 ·
try uploading to another site like photobucket or Facebook, I use motortopia alot when it is convenient and cooperating. after you upload them onto whatever site you like, view the picture full screen and then copy and paste that link here into image link box

Attachments

#9 ·
Ok, I have sooo many pics, I'm a bit fanatic of this car.

According to VIN, she was built in '98, but title and green card says it's '97. 276000 km, and she's running like ****. I'm doing oil changes on a regular basis (10000 km) with Motul Synergie 6100 15w50. Temps are always OK, no radiator leaks. At the moment I have no A/C because evaporator is missing, but I'll fix it soon. Fuel economy is regular/good on town (11,5 l/100 km) and superb on road (10 l/100 km), obviously at moderate speeds (140/150 km/h)

Well, that's all.

Attachments

#10 ·
You are sooo lucky you have those clear rear lights as stock. US cars get the hideous amber all accross the back and it's not cheap to get imported lights ( ask me how I know). Nice car though man. How does it do down in Argentina?

#11 ·
Well, the parts here are SO expensive. Only the garnish costs about 670 dls (brand new, of course), however is possible sometimes getting used parts (I got an used garnish at 1/4 of its value, because mine is slightly broken)

Besides that, Subaru cars in Argentina are mainly JDM, and there are a few US models. And yes, I'm lucky because the car is in good condition after all.

Cheers!

#12 ·
Thanks for posting everyone. If we keep this up maybe we can get the mods to make it a sticky!

#14 ·
My buddy that I work with (battlewagon '14 on the forum) we always say it's battlewagon weather. Haha. Now with that being said, I have never been one for the hash tagging stuff and I don't have a twitter nor will I ever! But when posting pics on facebook we'll occasionally use #battlewagon #wagonmafia #battlewagonweather

#16 ·
very nice. I like it!

#18 ·
Was it built in '99? Looks like a 2000 first year of the 2nd Gen.

I see your license plate, where are you located?

#20 ·
Very nice Vgolden! I like the color.

#34 ·
Looks great! I swear I saw and read something on here about a car just like yours. He did the black on the scoop had a white OB too!

#36 ·
Who did you get it from, member on here?

#38 ·
#39 ·
OOOOOHHHHH I just noticed. Stickied! Thanks Mods!

#42 ·
278k, 3rd set of head gaskets lol. good old ej25d. original engine and trans. general grabber at2s and 04 forester struts all around.

[/IMG]
Very NICE! I like it! I hope you're a STEELERS fan!

What all did you need to put the '04 forester struts on?

#44 ·
Dude very nice! Your OB looks clean it it silver or white? That is what mine should look like. Haha.

Wow that H6 is way clean for 376k. What year is it? My dad has an '04 H6 L.L.Bean.