Subaru Outback Forums banner

Anyone want to help me one by peaking under their hood?

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  jlh92 
#1 ·
I have a broken ground wire and can't figure out where it should go. I've temporarily attached it to the back of the block, but would like to get it back where it belongs.

If you can't tell by the pictures it's located on the firewall right behind the air box. I took my air box out for these pictures, you shouldn't need to.

See less See more
#4 ·
you could delete the thread and start it again

maybe something with a title like: "EJ25D engine ground help"

#3 ·
Pretty sure that one attaches to your transmission.

#8 ·
Pretty sure OP is talking about this one:

Attachments

#9 ·
Yes, I was referring to the black/red wire. Probably should have specified that. Both ends are visable in the pictures.

Pretty sure it goes to the trans body, but I can't find where.

I think the unused plug in the picture is for the heated wiper rests, which I don't have.

#11 ·
I don't have any gen 1 OB's sitting around anymore but given your trans is a phase2 same as all other 00+ legOB's, I can tell you on gen2/3 chassis that is connected to one of the pitch stopper bracket bolts.

Really doesn't matter where you put it on the trans. . . I think that ground is more for the benefit of the body than the trans as the trans is grounded via the direct-to-battery ground at the starter.

#12 ·
I don't have any gen 1 OB's sitting around anymore but given your trans is a phase2 same as all other 00+ legOB's, I can tell you on gen2/3 chassis that is connected to one of the pitch stopper bracket bolts.

Really doesn't matter where you put it on the trans. . . I think that ground is more for the benefit of the body than the trans as the trans is grounded via the direct-to-battery ground at the starter.
Thank you!

I'll probably just leave it where it is for now. I'll be freshening up my major grounds soon and will get it moved around then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.