Subaru Outback Forums banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media Albums About

• · Registered
    2002 Subaru Outback, 2.5, Not sure about the rest of the details but I am starting to learn right now!
    12 Posts
    Hello Porcupine,
    I saw some information in the forums about a knock sensor and a wiring harness that you had posted on a while ago. I am having a similar problem and was wondering if you had some info about it.

I have a 2002 base model 4 cyl MT Outback, Got the knock sensor code and ordered the sensor. Once I took the old sensor off i realized that the wire had been cut and there wasn't even a connector left on either end of the sensor. When I received the new sensor it has only one side of the male/female connector on it. Am I able to connect the part by cutting the connector off and splicing the wires together? or will this cause a fault? I believe there is only one wire that connects them together.

Thanks in advance!

-Crash

· Registered
    2008 Outback 2.5i AT
    203 Posts
    Hello there porcupine73. I have just joined the forum today and saw that you were a fellow Buffalonian. Good to know.

· Registered
    1997 outback limited 2.5L
    89 Posts
    hey, remember me? I live in niagara falls, my rear brake lines rusted through and the mechanic told me it's more to fix than the car is worth I might trade it in, if not are you interested in buying it for parts, or fixing it?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…