Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums - View Profile: tddockery

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. beastcivic
    06-11-2015 08:08 AM - permalink
    beastcivic
    Dan,

Thanks for the feedback, that's exactly what I want. I assume you did the standard height springs with the 1" spacer? Did you have to do anything special to get the spacers to work (ie, any engine mount/transmission, etc)? I thought people said anything more than 1/2" to 3/4" would require more work/parts.

Thanks again for the info!
    -Jim
  2. beastcivic
    06-08-2015 12:51 PM - permalink
    beastcivic
    Hey, I saw you posted a little while back in a thread asking about suspension upgrades (king springs / new struts, etc). You posted a pic, and it looks great from what I can see...I want to do something simliar to my '09. I just wanted to ask if you had any complaints recently since your post (I think it was mid-late 2014 I saw your comment). I'm debating it and just wanted any additional data point to make the best decision.
    Do you feel it is really stiff (I came from a WRX, so I don't mind stiff suspensions at all)? I do carry cargo at times (mulch, rocks, etc) or my dog / gear for vacations and trips. I don't want it to be like "in the back of an empty box truck" stiff, but I also want to get rid of the boat float. I really think it's making my dog sick, and when I have more than bags of clothes (such as people in the back seat) it'll bottom out on some road to bridge transfers or even a hilly country road.
    Any feed back you can give would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!
    -Jim

About Me

• About tddockery
    Interests
    Kayaking, Cycling, Backpacking, Camping - anything outdoors - "if it's out, it's in!"
    Occupation
    Metrologist (not meteorologist) at 3M
    Your Car
    2008 3.0R LL Bean in Deep Bronze Met.
  • Signature
    Daily driver: '08 Subaru 3.0R LL Bean, Deep Bronze Met. over beige leather.
    Tinted glass, LED's throughout, Factory Sub/SAT/Rem. start, XRT Tuned, Subtle lift, King's, KYB GR-2's, GT brakes F/R, Geolandar A/Ts, Full size spare, Hitch.

Weekend ride: '05 Porsche 987, Seal Grey Met. over Stone Grey leather and Makassar wood interior.
    400w/10 speaker Kenwood/Polk audio, Pilot Sport A/S3's, 18" Cayman S wheels, ZunSport grills, Full LED Tails/front spars/interior, Cayman vents and rear spoiler.

Statistics

Total Posts
Albums
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: Today 11:25 AM
  • Referrals: 0

Arcade Statistics

• Leaderboard Rank: Not ranked
  • Game Started: 0
  • Games Finished: 0
  • Time Spent Playing: 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds

Garage

2008 Subaru Outback 3.0R LL Bean
    2008 Subaru Outback 3.0R LL Bean

Mentions

No results to display...

Thread Tags

No results to display...

Quotes

07-01-2015
01:36 PM - tddockery quoted KentuckyOutback in post SEPA - $600.00obo - Nearly New Winter wheel/tire package!!
I can't believe someone hasn't snapp...
06-13-2015
01:29 PM - tddockery quoted kingpinXT2005 in post pictures of outbacks that are "different"
Nice set up!! Had any issues with ...
06-10-2015
06:13 PM - tddockery quoted traildogck in post What did you do with your 3rd Gen OB today?
What was the brand rotor? ...
02:36 PM - tddockery quoted Cerebral_1 in post SEPA - $600.00obo - Nearly New Winter wheel/tire package!!
Good price! I'd be interested, ...
08:58 AM - traildogck quoted tddockery in post What did you do with your 3rd Gen OB today?
I decided to go with drilled r...
02-16-2015
06:19 PM - LocalHero quoted tddockery in post Looking at 2008 ltd..3rd gen vs 4th gen?
IMHO - I'd go for this one at ...
12:16 AM - tddockery quoted LocalHero in post Looking at 2008 ltd..3rd gen vs 4th gen?
With all this feedback, I'm go...
12-28-2014
10:55 AM - tddockery quoted rstickle in post 2 hours from ignition on
Some of the older Outbacks (p...
11-13-2014
09:22 AM - Skemcin quoted tddockery in post What did you do with your 3rd Gen OB today?
Looks nice, but I'd be wary of...
02:58 AM - tddockery quoted Skemcin in post What did you do with your 3rd Gen OB today?
Got new tires - Cooper Disco...
11-11-2014
11:27 PM - tddockery quoted Dajeepman in post What did you do with your 3rd Gen OB today?
Dan what size did you go with?...
11:06 PM - Dajeepman quoted tddockery in post What did you do with your 3rd Gen OB today?
Traildogck - Thanks! ;) Da...
08:03 PM - Dajeepman quoted tddockery in post What did you do with your 3rd Gen OB today?
...et.com/albums/ab299/tddockery2/Subaru%20OB%20LL%20...

Feedback Score

iTrader Profile Recent Ratings
Feedback Score:
Positive Feedback:
0%
Members who left positive:
Members who left negative:
Total positive feedback: 0
Submit Feedback
  Past
Month
Past