SubaruPartsOnline.com has lost my business - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 09:32 AM

Car: 05 OBXT & 16 Crosstrek
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lprincolo View Post
I ordered 4 Subaru Outback Cabin Air Filters, SKU #72880AL00A, on December 1, 2015 from SubaruPartsOnline.com for $134.80. When I went to replace my car's filter in late January with one of these new ones, I discovered that they had shipped me the wrong filters. They had sent me 4 Subaru Forester Cabin Air Filters, SKU #72880FG000.

I immediately notified SubaruPartsOnline.com of their error. Their response was that they would "bend the rules for you on this one but we technically do not accept any returns or exchanges after 30 days."

Again, it was THEIR error, not mine.

They sent me a pre-paid FedEx return label but I did not keep the original shipping container (although each filter was still in its original box), so I had to use my own box. Problem was, FedEx would not accept my box and insisted that I had to use an official FedEx box. This cost me $13.34. SubaruPartsOnline.com refused to reimburse this expense.

I'm sure the Post Office would have accepted my box, but I had no choice since SubaruPartsOnline.com chose the shipper, FedEx.

I purchase a lot of goods online. This is the first time ever I've received the wrong item.

Am not happy that I had to pay an additional $13.34 to correct the vendor's mistake in order to receive what I had paid for.

I will never do business again with SubaruPartsOnline.com.
Let me see if I understand you correctly.

You received the wrong items by mistake, but didn't inspect your merchandise before throwing out the original packaging.

You realized the mistake and contacted the vendor who extended their return policy in order to help you out AND sent you a prepaid shipping label.

FedEx refused your packaging... This was 100% on you for not saving the packaging and using a box that was not strong enough. If you disagreed with this assessment then you could have gone to a different FedEx location and gotten a 2nd opinion. There is no reason the vendor should be responsible for purchasing a new box, they already sent you a perfectly good one that you threw out.

So in the end, subaru parts online did everything right and you are just buthurt about FedEx making you buy a new box.

Shamrock likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 11:29 AM

Car: 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5, 2010 VW Golf TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentervilleOH2016OBL View Post
If you are looking for compensation for your effort to return the air filters, and subaruonlineparts has not offered you a compensation you want; ask for something else, like 30% off your next order. Companies often balk at compensation in the form of cash, but if they offer discounts throughout the year, they will quickly settle for that resolution.
That's what this thread is REALLY about...he is trying to blackball a vendor on social media to shake them down for some discounts or freebies.

Unfortunately, it's backfiring and the vendor is coming up looking like roses! Maybe they'll blackball him and not take his business anymore because he is a hassle...he might regret that when they have their super duper sales!

Shamrock likes this.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 11:49 AM

Car: '13 2.5 Premium
I'm going with the vendor on this one, too.

Yeah, mistakes happen and sometimes you get the wrong item. In this case the vendor said, "Here is a return shipping label, send the wrong ones back, and the right ones are on the way." What's the big deal? After all, you waited months before mentioning it.

Ideally, the vendor would have shipped the correct items in the first place - but <stuff> happens. The next step would have been to ship the replacement items BEFORE waiting for the incorrect items to be returned - I don't know if that was the case.

And all this just to avoid a little local sales tax at Walmart?
Shamrock likes this.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 06:04 PM

Car: 2013 2.5i Limited "The Bucket"
Quote:
All Paw Drive wins the prize for the most ignorant post. He plays psychologist and smugly declares that this is a shakedown. What a puny-minded fool. I regularly check customer reviews before making online purchases. I don't often contribute reviews but felt it important in this case. I merely stated the facts--civilly and unexaggerated--and my thoughts about my experience in order to warn others, much as I appreciate it when other consumers post accurate accounts of their experiences with vendors. This is a responsible use of social media. This vendor won't need to blackball me because, as I've said, I won't be a future customer of theirs. You're just plain creepy, man. Undereducated, sheep-shaggin', Trump-voter kind of creepy. I hope the cops are surveilling your shack, dude. Sounds like you're the next crazed gunman we'll be reading about on the front page of the newspaper.
You should forget about this event and move on with your life. This is not worth the anxiety and frustration it is causing you.
Shamrock and Papa Bear like this.

2013 2.5i Limited
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: VDC Wagon 3.0 & Outback Limited Sedan 2.5

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 06:53 PM

Car: '13 2.5 Premium
Quote:

I didn't wait months, KansasMatthew, just a few weeks. Pay attention. And my Walmart doesn't sell Subaru parts. I'm sure yours doesn't either, which makes your closing comment rather ridiculous.

Beginning of Dec to end of Jan is close enough to a couple of months. (I was paying attention.)

And you are correct, Walmart does not carry Subaru parts. Walmart carries Fram filters that will fit your Subaru.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2003 2.5 4EAT with AWP and 2002 3.0 L.L. Bean wagons.
There were enough Terms of Service violations in that single post I deleted that the OP is on a vacation.
eagleeye, budha and skierd like this.

Have you tried using the Google search bar at the top of the forum?

2003 Outback 2.5 wagon: "Kaylee". 161,000 and counting.
More rust than I care to think about. And leaking head gaskets. And electrical gremlins. Still flyin'.

2002 L.L. Bean Limited 3.0 Outback wagon: "Mal". 110,000 and counting.
Scangauge II. Plenty of battle scars. Fixing up the previous owner's neglect.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 10:04 AM

There were a bunch of missteps on both sides. The OP should have inspected the order as it came in and and not thrown the shipping box out.

Vendor sent a ship label for free return. However, the shipper at the point is the vendors agent to handle the return. When the OP encountered problems, he should have contacted vendor whereby the vendor should have contacted shipping agent to resolve OR at least waited for the replacement product's shipping container be reused for the return product.... Bad form all around.

The whole matter should have been accomplished n an amicable way. The vendors representative should never responded with a "that's our policy" especially since there was a order fulfillment error. This demonstrates a lack of adequate training in handling a customer problem.

Based upon what was written and deleted, the OP needs to learn a different approach to problem resolution. Shoulda been a learnable moment for everyone involved. Instead, there's a lost customer over $13 and a vendor standing on principle.
Shamrock likes this.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhcycle View Post
There were a bunch of missteps on both sides. The OP should have inspected the order as it came in and and not thrown the shipping box out.

Vendor sent a ship label for free return. However, the shipper at the point is the vendors agent to handle the return. When the OP encountered problems, he should have contacted vendor whereby the vendor should have contacted shipping agent to resolve OR at least waited for the replacement product's shipping container be reused for the return product.... Bad form all around.

The whole matter should have been accomplished n an amicable way. The vendors representative should never responded with a "that's our policy" especially since there was a order fulfillment error. This demonstrates a lack of adequate training in handling a customer problem.

Based upon what was written and deleted, the OP needs to learn a different approach to problem resolution. Shoulda been a learnable moment for everyone involved. Instead, there's a lost customer over $13 and a vendor standing on principle.

Standing on principal? We disregarded our policies to make the situation correct. The issue the OP has is with Fedex's cost for boxes in which they led the OP to believe must be purchased when any old box would have done.

-Benny
Shamrock likes this.

Follow Us on Facebook!

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaruonlineparts View Post
Standing on principal? We disregarded our policies to make the situation correct. The issue the OP has is with Fedex's cost for boxes in which they led the OP to believe must be purchased when any old box would have done.

-Benny
Look. For someone to say at the jump to a customer we'll bend the rules for our screwup is rediculous. The shipper is your agent- you picked them not the customer. Should the customer have called and told you that YOUR shipper is giving him a hard time - yep. When you found out about how your shipping agent treated your customer, you just shoulda made it right. Period. Did you have an active roll in how he was treated? Nope, but he was your customer. And you guys screwed up the order in the first place!

Sometimes Benny, ya just gotta suck it up and come down of the side of the Customer...... Unfortunately your reply shows you still don't get it. After all it's ONLY $13 at issue.....

I got a new 2016 OB Limited 4-weeks ago and my wife picked up her new 2016 Legacy limited this past Monday night. There are a lot of items were are getting for the cars. Honestly, I'm questioning why you are taking the position you are and if I want to order anything from you again?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: