SubaruPartsOnline.com has lost my business - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhcycle View Post
Look. For someone to say at the jump to a customer we'll bend the rules for our screwup is rediculous. The shipper is your agent- you picked them not the customer. Should the customer have called and told you that YOUR shipper is giving him a hard time - yep. When you found out about how your shipping agent treated your customer, you just shoulda made it right. Period. Did you have an active roll in how he was treated? Nope, but he was your customer. And you guys screwed up the order in the first place!

Sometimes Benny, ya just gotta suck it up and come down of the side of the Customer...... Unfortunately your reply shows you still don't get it. After all it's ONLY $13 at issue.....

I got a new 2016 OB Limited 4-weeks ago and my wife picked up her new 2016 Legacy limited this past Monday night. There are a lot of items were are getting for the cars. Honestly, I'm questioning why you are taking the position you are and if I want to order anything from you again?
The bottom line is that we cannot control what Fedex tells our customers. There needs to be some responsibility on the customers end here. What if Fedex said a box costs 50.00 and the customer paid it? Would it be our wrong doing?

We corrected the situation in every possible way, What more could we have done? Please explain

-Benny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow Us on Facebook!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 06:49 PM

Car: 2002 Outback Wagon H6 3.0 LL Bean
I'd send the OP a hanky. But he'd probably ship it back and charge me for the postage.

Shamrock likes this.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaruonlineparts View Post
The bottom line is that we cannot control what Fedex tells our customers. There needs to be some responsibility on the customers end here. What if Fedex said a box costs 50.00 and the customer paid it? Would it be our wrong doing?

We corrected the situation in every possible way, What more could we have done? Please explain

-Benny
Benny, I have addressed the issues with the customer and what you could have done..... You....just....don't....get.....it!

...and affirmed my concerns..... Nothing more for you to say.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 07:37 PM

Car: 2000 OBW, 2001 OBW VDC, 2004 WRX, 1999 LEGACY L (in a heap)
If Subarupartsonline is a walk-up shipper who pays exactly the same rate as I would to ship anything, then I agree with their position. That relationship doesn't make them an agent of the seller in my view.

If Subarupartsonline enjoys any preferred shipping/vendor status and or receives benefits from Fedex individuals otherwise do not, then they do bear a proxy obligation in my view, and I agree with nhcycle.

I disagree with nhcycle leaning toward an overall view that the seller's mistakenly shipping the wrong item in the first place would then place an absolute and all-encompassing customer service obligation.

I disagree with the characterization that the seller did not take care of this situation in action...

But, I do agree with the criticism of the seller's choice of words in addressing the situation. If the seller is going to lay this at the feet of the buyer for not checking the goods were correct within 30 days return policy, (even though the error's was theirs in sending it,) then they should have either not said anything and taken care of it all, or refused to address it further and stuck to their 30 day policy which the buyer agreed to when they purchased.

the way this is presented at best tries to minimise their error by the comparison of the customer's failure to respond within their sales policy's terms.

but really. Buyer should check their #$@$ sooner.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 07:43 PM

I never said there was an obligation...... It's all about the customer relationship and someone standing on principle and leaving a customer stranded.

As I indicated in the first post.....many missteps all around and Benny ain't getting it. Too bad. His prices are OK but not exceptional.....I can get what I want locally for nearly the same price without shipping costs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: