SubaruPartsOnline.com has lost my business - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SubaruPartsOnline.com has lost my business

I ordered 4 Subaru Outback Cabin Air Filters, SKU #72880AL00A, on December 1, 2015 from SubaruPartsOnline.com for $134.80. When I went to replace my car's filter in late January with one of these new ones, I discovered that they had shipped me the wrong filters. They had sent me 4 Subaru Forester Cabin Air Filters, SKU #72880FG000.

I immediately notified SubaruPartsOnline.com of their error. Their response was that they would "bend the rules for you on this one but we technically do not accept any returns or exchanges after 30 days."

Again, it was THEIR error, not mine.

They sent me a pre-paid FedEx return label but I did not keep the original shipping container (although each filter was still in its original box), so I had to use my own box. Problem was, FedEx would not accept my box and insisted that I had to use an official FedEx box. This cost me $13.34. SubaruPartsOnline.com refused to reimburse this expense.

I'm sure the Post Office would have accepted my box, but I had no choice since SubaruPartsOnline.com chose the shipper, FedEx.

I purchase a lot of goods online. This is the first time ever I've received the wrong item.

Am not happy that I had to pay an additional $13.34 to correct the vendor's mistake in order to receive what I had paid for.

I will never do business again with SubaruPartsOnline.com.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 08:06 PM
Supporting Vendor

Hello,

We are sorry to hear about this situation. Would you be willing to provide your order number so that I can be sure we allowed you the allotted time to inspect your order? I must note that I believe your were taken advantage of by Fedex as there is no such requirement to use Fedex boxes, We surely do not.

Thank you,
-Benny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow Us on Facebook!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Order #13816

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 04:43 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lprincolo View Post
Order #13816
Thank you. It appears this was corrected for you and I apologize again about the initial inconvenience.

Once the issue was brought to our attention we sent you a pre-paid return label then sent you the correct filters at no additional charge as we should have.

I believe your gripe is with Fedex and the misleading information that they told you.

-Benny

Follow Us on Facebook!

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 04:57 PM

Car: 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5, 2010 VW Golf TDI
Quote:
They sent me a pre-paid FedEx return label but I did not keep the original shipping container (although each filter was still in its original box), so I had to use my own box. Problem was, FedEx would not accept my box and insisted that I had to use an official FedEx box. This cost me $13.34. SubaruPartsOnline.com refused to reimburse this expense.

I will never do business again with SubaruPartsOnline.com.
Sounds like the box you used did not meet the Fedex size requirements...or the clerk just wanted to sell you a box.

Good work Subarupartsonline in resolving this! Two greasy thumbs up!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 06:44 PM

Car: 2016 Outback Limited Carbide Grey 2.5L w/ES
FedEx boxes are free. I use them all the time,and never paid for a box.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

A lot of speculating going on here, guys. The fact is, the vendor did not ship the correct items I ordered. I had to incur expense and inconvenience to return the wrong goods in order to receive the correct goods that I had already paid for. I appreciate that SubaruPartsOnline paid the return postage, but their mistake still cost me money that they refused to reimburse. You can speculate all day long about whether or not FedEx is dishonest, it doesn't really matter. When I buy goods online, I expect the vendor to get it right or make me whole if they don't. SubaruPartsOnline made it clear that they will only do what they feel is their minimum obligation. If their business model is buyer beware, count me out.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator

Car: 2003 2.5 4EAT with AWP and 2002 3.0 L.L. Bean wagons.
If they sent you a pre printed label and supplied the correct items, how were you not "made whole"?

Have you tried using the Google search bar at the top of the forum?

2003 Outback 2.5 wagon: "Kaylee". 161,000 and counting.
More rust than I care to think about. And leaking head gaskets. And electrical gremlins. Still flyin'.

2002 L.L. Bean Limited 3.0 Outback wagon: "Mal". 110,000 and counting.
Plenty of battle scars and fixing up the previous owner's neglect.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 01:04 AM

Car: 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5, 2010 VW Golf TDI
Quote:
but their mistake still cost me money that they refused to reimburse.

When I buy goods online, I expect the vendor to get it right or make me whole if they don't.
Well then don't go after subaruonlineparts half-cocked...bill them for your time, your gas, insurance and depreciation driving to FedEx.

If you made additional errors trying to return the item, would they be held accountable as well? Banging your head texting and walking? Collision driving the wrong way down a one way street? Filling your gas tank with diesel by accident? Tripping and falling into a plate glass window?

This "make me whole" path could be very beneficial to ambulance chasing lawyers!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 08:58 AM

Car: 2016 Outback Limited
If you are looking for compensation for your effort to return the air filters, and subaruonlineparts has not offered you a compensation you want; ask for something else, like 30% off your next order. Companies often balk at compensation in the form of cash, but if they offer discounts throughout the year, they will quickly settle for that resolution.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: