Subaru Outback Forums banner

Screen Protector

8K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  AkitaGuy 
#1 ·
I am purchasing a base 2015 2.5i Outback. I think it has a 6.2 inch capacitive touch screen and I want to put a screen protector film over it. the film is a left over from the Wii U 6.2 controller screen protection kit. I wonder if it would work on the Outback infotainment screen since both are capacitive and 6.2 inch.

#4 ·
I used one of these on my '13 OB Nav screen. Works great. I've used this brand on my phones and iPad over the years too, until the far superior Moshi ones came out. Anyway, I wrote to them with the dimensions of my screen and they recommended that I get one made for a Kindle or full sized iPad and cut it to size. Was easy to do and works well.

Screen Protectors | BoxWave

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
I am very disappointed with the touch screen system in my new outback. It is quite frankly......blinding! There is no remedy to it either. You can't put any anti glare anything on it. It has fingers prints all over it, which I am constantly wiping off. But that I can deal with. It is the terrible blinding light that I can not deal with. In fact, I have to tear a hole in a Kleenex during the day and hang the Kleenex from the right button to save me from the glare.

#15 ·
skeetcat34, welcome to the forum.

Wow, two posts so far and both are complaints. So very sorry you are having so much trouble with your 2015 Outback. In this thread there are several suggestions for anti glare films to cover most of the screen. I haven't bothered with them because I haven't experienced blinding glare with either of our Outbacks.

G
#14 ·
I called Subaru's cs number and suggested they come out with a custom cut matte finish screen protector for the entire infotainment system to hide finger prints/ dust and to cut down on the reflections. They said they'd pass it on to some other deprtment (probably just hit the delete key though).

I'd definitely buy one if it was custom cut to fit the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.